Time span for creating a detailed 3d movie or presentation

Hi everyone , I am new here but not unfamiliar with blender . I have a question for all the blender guru’s here . This is just to find out more or less how long certain projects would take to finish using various 3d and 2d apps for the video.

• How many months ,weeks or days would it take to create a 10 minute video @ 1280x720 30fps mp4 format

If you could give me a few pointers on how to create such a project quickly and effeciently it would be greatly appreceated .

• How many months ,weeks or days would it take to create a 10 minute video @ 1280x720 30fps mp4 format

Your question is rather meaningles !!
If I want to animate a cube moving across my screen very slowly over a 10 minute per period I could do that in a day. If I want to model, texture, animate and render a 10 minute scene from Avatar it could take a little longer. If I only had a single core machine it could take marginally longer again than if I used a 128 core monster computer !

If you could give me a few pointers on how to create such a project quickly and effeciently it would be greatly appreceated .
Planning, a little more planning and to be on the safe side even more planning. Plan only what YOU are capable of and your hardware is capable of rendering in whatever timescale you have available to you

It’s how much effort you put in. Or the number of resources.

Attachments

It depends a lot on you and your equipment. I am not a “blender guru” but I’ve played in it enough to know that the work time changes drastically between my single core Dino of a computer and my mothers new dual core hp laptop. What I would do is estimate it based on projects you’ve done in the past, then double the time for good measure. Unless you’re working on a set deadline it’s better safe than sorry.

Time to finish = ( Quality X Length of video) / (GPU power x SKILL x Dedication)

Skill = 1-10
GPU Power = 1- 100 – 1=Thinkpad AMD, 100=Titan
Quality = 1-10
Length = In minutes
Dedication = 1-10

So in you case, if your skill is 5, Quality = 7 and length = 10, GPU of 5, and dedication of 2

(7 x 10) / (5 * 5 *2) = 70/50 = 1.4 years

Start small. Learn to model. And learn the interface while you’re modeling.
When you’re comfortable with that, come back and ask again.

when compared to the time needed to (actually make or find all the models you want, set them up for animation, work out the right sort of lighting for the scene, work out a story for it, make a “script” out of that story, animate the models and perform a little trial and error quick renders for moments in the video you are uncertain of) the time taken to render(however antique your computer is and whatever the aspect ratio) is very insignificant, even if it is annoying not to see your masterpiece for another few hours. the only time where a slow render time takes up a significant proportion of the production time is when you already have a model and just want to make a turntable animation with the model performing some simple moves during this. i admit slow rendering is annoying, and i take steps to make renders faster, but as a proportion of the time it takes to work on something it isn’t much. for finding a quick and efficient way to complete the project please advise on what the video will be and what ideas you already have for it.