Time you use Blender

How many hours you use Blender and how many years?

Why does this matter?

i use 1 hour and i’m a monster modeling. juaujajuaju

He only wants to know who’s got the biggest one … and he thinks it’s him :no:

Why does matter a new feature in Blender? Because you can make better things or you can work faster etc. You can make things like the big 3d softwares.

When a software used by many people and in many hours means the program is good for hard job.
When a program used in professional jobs means the software is good to make professional work.

This is very strange you laughing me. There is many topics here “maya is better” or “we need 3dsmax features” - but for what? To do nothing? For use Blender new features 15 minutes per week?

Endi, you know I don’t agree with your world view on this…

so what if someone spends 8 hours plus a day using blender… you and I know that in video games soemone can easily do that for months and months on end and only be using (or needing) ten percent of the features… modelling, texturing and lighting environments for example… someone else can spend the same amount of time just animating…

or someone can do something in there own time, a couple of hours a night and need to model, texture, rig, animate, light, do particle fx, lighting etc and basically touch every nook and cranny of blender…

the GREAT thing about blender is that it;s free and Libre… that it’s democratic and open and for the people…

sure there are lots of feature requests, and lots of them by inexperienced people who think there’s a magic bullet… but look at blender development and what gets accepted to trunk… luckily the people making patches and submitting them are actually addressing needs…

the holes in blender are well understood and sadly there;s not enough developers to actually address those things…

I think that professional needs are well understood in the blender camp, it’s more developers to immplement those things that are needed… not more “i’m the only professional in the village” style polls

check out LetterRips list from this thread

none of that is fluff… all can be worked around but is clearly handled better in other apps…

Familiar Quantity vs Quality argument.

It is more like everybody talk about one woman and dont like it , thats why in the world are lots of womens and mens so you can chose better. Thats why there it is Modo , Blender 3D , Zbrush…

Final point , stop acting like kids for one candy cause this subject it is overused for some years now and get borring!

To me this just seemed like a fun little poll.
Personally, I’m mainly a sound guy. That’s how I make my living most of the time. But every now and again I get paid to do visual work and whenever possible I use Blender because it’s fun and I like to think about the structure of the Blender Foundation as a model for a company I’d like to be a part of.

Cheers!