Times Together

I started off this project referencing this image from Pinterest. Normally, reference images are just to give me a boost when starting out new projects. But once ideas start flowing in my head, I’d ditch the reference and start doing things to my imagination.

A lot of the nature assets used in this project are from Vegetation and Grassblade (used alongside Scatter5) from Bproduction. A couple of other assets are from Quixel Megascans and Botaniq. I also used CamFX addon for the depth of field.

Here’s a quick clay render of this.

Post processed in Photoshop.

As always I have included 4 Easter Eggs in this one. An Easter Egg can be any living things that are not the main focus; in this case, the cats are not a part of it. I have attached an image revealing them down below. Comment how many you found.

My socials: https://lynkfire.com/louixlin

58 Likes
Reveal Easter Eggs

5 Likes

As always, a lovely scene.

Yay, Easter Egg hunt!

found 'em:

mallard, parrot, chicken… and spider! Only saw that because I thought the green branch below was a big lizard before zooming in. The chicken was especially craftily hidden!

4 Likes

Great work. The only thing i would improve is cats fur. Now it look to short or flat.

1 Like

Thanks. And well done. Great find!!

1 Like

Thanks. I actually didnt add any 3D fur for the cats. The fur you could subtly see is actually painted over in post. I’m still looking ways in improving my paint overs for furs as its quite difficult to do so with how the light reacts to hair.

The reason I went with this process is to limit the resource usage for scenes. For fur, it just uses too much resources for the hair particle system.

2 Likes

I found them all again! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

To be fair, though, I had to use both my laptop and my phone to view the image, and it still took me a loooong time to find that chicken…

Great use of the spider, btw. It’s small, but you put it so that it’s clearly in focus and no one can say they didn’t find it because it was “too far” or whatever. :smile:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Oooo!! You’re getting better at this. Love to see everyone who tries to find these in my pieces.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Wow! That’s a lot of elements.

Mind my asking, how long were the render times and what you did to lower them?

1 Like

Hahah yeah 15mil tris in total for this scene.

It took about 35mins to render at 4050x3240 1000samples. I also changed the noise threshold to 0.02.

I didn’t really do anything to minimise the render time since I’m just rendering out one frame and want maximum quality.

2 Likes

Made this just for you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like