Tip for Rendering with INDIGO

You guys probably all know this already, and i’m probably just making a fool of myself.

Ok, my computer is in my room, and is incredibly noisy. I don’t want it to be on rendering at night because I can’t get to sleep, but I stupidly started rendering at about 5 o’clock. I didn’t want to lose my rendering progress, so I hibernated my computer. Only when I turned it back on did I realise that I could continue rendering while I was at school.

So for those of you who want to skip straight to the tip, here it it:
HIBERNATE YOUR COMPUTER WHILST RENDERING WITH INDIGO TO CONINUE RENDERING WHEN YOU RESUME YOUR COMPUTER.

I can now render for ages without having my computer on for 5 days straight

Hehe,
hilarious post.
thank you.
P

Funnily enough, this caught me out too! I made an almost identical post on the old indigo forums a while back.

Partly it is because I really don’t care for Windows and its “features”. I know Windows well enough to get things done and I prefer to learn about specific open source applications.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out how to keep the indigo process while freeing up my computer for other things when necessary. I found out how to pause indigo and then I too discovered Hibernate/Stand By.

A good tip for people who know about computers but don’t give a **** about Windows.

Koba

Wow, you windows haters are so rad. I guess you just beat the xtreme out of all of us. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, you windows haters are so rad. I guess you just beat the xtreme out of all of us. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh nothing personal. I just don’t like monopolies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/business/2000/microsoft/700702.stm

Koba

I suppose you call the company micro$0ft, too. XD Oh well, there’s always going to be a monopoly somewhere. I use Linux too, but I have nothing against windows.

btw, I’m not offended or angry or anything, I just enjoy poking fun at you people, no harm done, eh?

<hijaack>“Microsoft”. Duh. We hear the name so often that we’ve forgotten how ludicrous it actually is. “Micro”. “Soft”. I mean, zero neurons firing on that one.</hijaack>