Tips on developing for Blender?

Hi,
I had no clue where to ask this so guess this place is as good as any. I am interested in developing for Blender and curious what kind of environment do current devs have setup. I know a lot will have to do with personal preferences, but any choices that really suit towards working with Blender? I am going to try Anjuta and Kdevelop out. Any other advice you have I’d be glad to hear as well.

Some links from blender.org:
Get Involved
New Dev Wiki Page

The new dev wiki page talks about installing tools, but there’s no really specific information regarding to linux. Two of the best programmers I know (personally) use gedit a lot. That’s also what I used when I worked for them. Most of our stuff was <2k lines of code, so that doesn’t compare with Blender.

Thanks for the reply. I read through most of those links. I’ve used gedit before - mainly for editing config files. I like it but wasn’t sure how well suited it was for major development. I found a cheat sheet for C which seems like it is the best resource to get me back into programming.

most of us use either GCC on a linux variant with whatever our preferred editor is and Make/CMake/Scons, or MSVC with Scons/CMake/MSVC build files, or GCC on OS X, I think some use CMake on OS X and some Scons, and probably few users using make.

LetterRip

Thanks for the reply. I will have to play around with some editors to see which ones I like. Here is the link to that cheat sheet I mentioned if anyone is interested.

http://claymore.engineer.gvsu.edu/~steriana/226/C.CheatSheet.pdf

Any documentation on how 2.5 is structured?