Tissue Addon not showing up in tabs

Hi guys,

I just tried to install the Tissue Addon in Blender 2.8, but it doesn’t seem to work properly. I installed it from the Community Tab, but the “Tissue”-tab does not show up. I noticed that there are Tissue options in the “Edit”-tab, but not all of them (convert to dual mesh is missing).

Next I tried to install it via the zip and I got the blue info box saying “Install complete […]”, but it’s still not showing up. Then I’ve restarted blender and tried to just install the .py-files, got the same message, but still no tab for the addon showing up. Saving the preferences doesn’t seem to make a difference either.

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong?

It’s been a while since this was posted, but I have the exact problem. The Addon doesn’t show up as its own tab, but just as a panel in the “Edit” tab with only two of the many functions.

I’m an absolute Blender beginner, so it could be something very, very basic I’m doing wrong. I’m using a much newer version (2.91) and now the Tissue Addon actually comes preinstalled with Blender, but it is the exact same problem as described above. I’ve also tried it both on my MacBook and on a Windows PC and it looked exactly the same. Does anyone know what I’m (/we’re) doing wrong?

I found out what my problem was: I was in Object mode when the functions I wanted to use were only available in Weight Paint mode.

I have the same problem in 2.91. I’m absolute beginner for blender. I watched a video on youtube there are many tabs in tissue. but I have only three tabs tessellate, dual mesh & refresh. others are missing. I re install by downloading tissue addon but Nothing changes. help me…

I found where the problem was I reinstall blender and after i installed tissue addon downloaded from github. It works