TLRcam- Unbiased MLT renderer+improved/improvised MLT

I added a few of more useful features:
Halton sampling
Updated experimental MLT
Instances
Ability to read code in files!
Basically, now you can code your own scenes using java, if you know enough, you can code your own BxDFs, primitives, textures, and even medium and scattering data (no promises that it will work right now, I’m still working on that code)

While I do not have the new jar up yet, the main reason I’m posting is because I did some work on the website.

http://people.brandeis.edu/~mirman/

And the first release is online!

Soon: the renderer will probably be used to render a short film (unbiased renderer on an animation=fist time ~maybe?~), so for that somebody has offered to perhaps either write a maya or blender exporter. To prepare, I will be adding UV and bump mapping to make the renderer a viable option for actual use.

Thanks will try soon, and congratulations for the speed of progress!:cool:

Not working well I can not open any files! No errors but the menu does not open file. In earlier version scenes were open.

Only from the pulldown menu does not load. but the card scene opens. Now I try!

Right, sorry about that, the pull down menus are just for show right now. its an artifact of when i switched over from JBuilder 2006 to Eclipse and lost my visual editor and my ability to actually change lots of stuff.

Either way, you can load by clicking the scene tab and then the open scene button.

Under the scene, there are two locations for you to type in a number, the threads, and another, which doesn’t have a name, but accepts an integer value for the OSI.

The separator between the buttons and the console can be moved, Its hiding the pre-save button and the render resume button button.

I’d be cautious with pressing the pause and resume buttons, they act on the threads. the “Render Resume” button does not do anything as of now, but it will soon.

Incidentally, the lack of a good gui is something I intend to work on.

doesnt work on OS X

I am using a MacBookPro and Leopard.

3/8/09 7:01:26 PM [0x0-0x3d03d].com.apple.JarLauncher[654] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:374)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] Exception in thread “main”
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:675)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:316)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
3/8/09 7:01:38 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].com.apple.JarLauncher[656] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:374)

I am on linux x64 and works fine. Try this:
java -Xmx1024M -Xss200k -server -jar tlrcam.jar

File->Open->Scene doesn’t work; use the tab Scene->Open Scene.

Nice renderer, I will follow the progress.

doesnt work on OS X

I am using a MacBookPro and Leopard.

It is java, and I’m not using any custom native windows methods, so it should work fine on a mac. I’ll see what I find if I get a chance to use a mac later. What jdk/jre are you using? It uses some very recent java features.

That error is due to a JDK version issue… Looks like you may be running JDK1.6 code on a JDK1.5 VM.

oodmb, when you release Java “binaries” you need to specify what version of Java is required to run it.

oodmb, when you release Java “binaries” you need to specify what version of Java is required to run it.

good point- I don’t know why I assume everybody programs in java and has the latest jdk (it’s rather silly of me)

Updating website now.

better format support- not it directly takes .obj
(almost, just need to add the material definition and correctly placed curly brackets)

Current procedure for exporting an object to tlrcam:
use blender to select the object, and open the obj exporter.
-export with selection only, un-select edges, select triangulate, unselect materials and UV, select normals and HQ.
-open the .obj file in notepad (or equivalent), and replace all “//” with " // "
-In the next version you will not have to do that
-remove any line that doesn’t start with n, v, or f, and add } after the last line.
-add o mesh “name” before the first vertex.
-before any face declared, specify the material used for the following faces with mat “name”
-you can use multiple materials per mesh.

Just put up a new release with a couple of fixes.

new-
-Accepts the number//number as well as number // number now for objects
-Faster meshes
-external .tlro mesh files
-Every mesh is automatically an instance
-Emmiting triangles are not included as part of the instanced mesh
-added checker pattern
-added hdr and tga output, so now you don’t have to worry about tonemapping in tlrcam, you can just do it in HDRshop with the reinhard plugin- plugin hdrshop
-fixed QMC sampling