To be deleted

To be deleted, post must be at least 20 characters

3 Likes

Shouldn’t it be posted in the Off-topic? It’s interesting though.

People sharing their own YouTube videos has historically gone in #support:tutorials-tips-and-tricks , I see no reason why this should be any different :thinking: I’ve moved it back

1 Like

My profile starts in 1983 in Utah with a TRS 80 and trying to make video games comparable to Atari with Basic and Advanced Basic program language. After a move to Atlanta area, the 3D program “Poser 4” in 2002 started me back with 3D projects and animations and creating graphic novel style renders. In the later 2010’s I knew blender existed, but it was incredibly complex compared to Poser so I stuck with poser until 2020 and version 12. Then I got a 3D printer and the need to be able to create 3D objects and not just buy them began to grow. This year I have rediscovered “new” blender 3 with more youtube “how to” videos and support and discovered UPBGE! Now my journey to create video games has began anew. Hope this is useful in some way. Cheers

1 Like

When computer based game programming became out of reach, I was writing the “choose your own adventure” type stories, short stories, and building sci-fi kit bashing models. It wasn’t until the mid nineties when writing on the computer and internet “changed everything” and writing computer art and computer animation could tell stories that I came back to it. And NOW it appears Blender can do object creation, animation, AND video game creation all in one! World building and story telling and adventure keep me creating for my online friends. UPBGE is LITERALLY a “game changer” lol
(this is rendered from poser 12 and touched up with paintshop pro 6)

2 Likes

But aren’t those videos strictly tutorials, not Q/A videos?

1 Like

2 Likes

Discussion about where this should go is off-topic and, generally speaking, pointless, and it seems to be stirring up a lot of contention about something that simply doesn’t matter this much. Future comments should be related to the topic - the video and its contents, exclusively :slight_smile:

1 Like

For what purpose do you seek this wisdom?

BTW, I use Blender because I can’t animate videos using Microsoft Paint :rofl: .

2 Likes

First and foremost, a love for music and film - and their technologies.

Then,…

The film “Jurassic Park” and a subsequent documentary about it’s making.
The TV show “ReBoot”.
The film “Toy Story”. (That’s when I said “I want to do that”)

Started with DirectX in 1996, but eventually found Blender in 2014.

I do short stories (0:30 - 2:00) in Eevee. (Because I don’t mind a cartoony look. and don’t have time for photorealism.) There are 75, or so, videos up on YouTube.

Thanks for asking,
Cal

2 Likes

Moved to #general-forums:blender-and-cg-discussions - this is not a tutorial. (Sorry @joseph :wink: )

1 Like

Well, maybe let this category change play out. I’ve been through it too.

Hopefully others will still react to it.

This is a great subject!

Let it ride.

geez…

3 Likes

I mainly started because I had a passion for art. I stumbled upon the doughnut tutorial and started following it. Then, for 4 months I was continuing to follow tutorials, till I got interested in the car industry. I was amazed by the cars the people modeled on Blender. It was then I followed a couple of “car modeling tutorials”, but I eventually got demotivated because I couldn’t make a car myself. Lastly, I found out about the Archviz field. Again, I felt the same feeling of “I really would like to make that!”.So, once again I started following tutorials on YouTube about Archviz. After a few tutorials here and there, I finally felt the confidence of creating my own render.

2 Likes

1 Like