To the mods

Well, all political threads do too, yet “Occupy Earth” didn’t…

Actually not really.
Not changing outdated rules is either ignorance or laziness. Obeying the rules is necessary.
While I love participating in controversal topics, I do see that the usually pretty explosive temper around them seems a pretty good reason for a rule that disallows such topics.

That said,

Sounds like a pretty bad(ly explained) reason…

wasn’t the best exactly defined reason either. Though, fair enough, there already where two warnings before that and one said,

, which seems reasonable, together with the content of said two warnings.

How the thread “Occupy Earth!” went after that second warning was pretty terrible: Many of you seemed to assume that the thread already is doomed and used that to actually get away from the topic even more than it was before, rather than trying to get back on topic.

• that’s definitely a question for a private message, not for any thread.

Hmm, I’ll admit that this one is quite heavily truncated, though honestly, posts like that are exactly what starts a flamewar, “reduce intelligence” (if that’s even possible) or make us look like children.
Actually, if I was cynic, I’d ask you wether your 10 year old brother is the older one.

However, others did too, and that more civilized. And you posted an excuse, at least.

That one totally added a correcting lens on your previous post. That’s nice. Also, it’s good to see this further discussed by PM. :slight_smile:

That’s pretty much true. I can only agree with that whole post.

Good that you basically implicitly cleared up the quick closing with a much more detailed reason. I guess, given the situation of posts, that’s fair enough.

Epics?
Poetry?

Honestly, that definition of art is pretty strong on one end, excluding any form of written art while being a bit loose on the other hand.
Though, defining art clearly is beyond the scope of this thread. Maybe it’s infact beyond the scope of a whole forum.

Ok, I think that’s the main points worth quoting…

Really, I do like such discussions, though their ease of getting out of hand is a good reason why to exclude them from allowed topics.

I’d love to see more exemptions, though next time, please stay on topic after a warning tells you to do so and don’t freak out because of it.

Also, I think when I read this thread previously at an external place, unable to reply, I read something about “find yourself a forum that does allow politics” which I did miss this time.
Honestly, that’s really difficult. You’ll mostly find two cases:
Unmoderated Flamewars or heavily biased discussions with strong censorship of anything that goes in the opposite direction.
In that sense, BA has about the best moderation I’ve seen on forums on similar sizes.
The only forums that might have had even better moderation where significantly smaller than this one, with a very small userbase where everybody knew everybody else sometimes even in RL. It’s comparedly no art to moderate something like that compared to BA.

It’s basically like a small quircky village where all the people behave strange and similar but they come along at least passable and in most cases even great, while in that huge city a couple of miles away from that suffers from too many people that do not know each other and don’t care either, leading to lonelyness in the crowd, greater anonymity, lack of feeling for responsibility (sometimes seemingly including the ones that actually are in charge), and finally, increased crime rate, which further leads to stricter rules.

In a way, people can’t help but get criminal in huge cities. - To be taken with a grain of salt of course.