Tokyo Rainy Day Cafe | Another Blender/Flash Fusion :)

Here’s another project I recently made for Forgotten Chipmunk’s up-and-coming lo-fi channel (per her specifications :smiley: ). I created the table, chairs, window frame, plant, cup, road, and building in Blender (rendered in Cycles), while the people, fog, rain, and steam were produced in Flash.

I know it’s probably not much; I’m still pretty new to Blender. Nevertheless, I wanted to share another of my Blender/Flash fusions :slight_smile: Feedback appreciated! Cheers and God bless!

Well done… I almost feel like the people are walking a bit slow for me since it’s raining… But that’s just me.:grin:

1 Like

Haha :laughing: !

Although in all seriousness, my biggest concern is that the walk cycle looks kind of robotic… and even though I kept tweaking it right up until delivery, I still see it :robot:. Had I used Blender instead of Flash for that part, I think I could have created something more organic… but I think I was still too inexperienced to seriously consider taking a leap like that when I made this video. In more recent projects, I’ve finally started experimenting with CG characters instead of just static objects :slight_smile:

I do agree with you about it being a bit robotic… All in good time and practice though! It sometimes helps me to look at reference from real life to get a feel for how I want actions to look. If you want to start getting into learning blender for 2d animation you should take a look at this. It was incredibly helpful when I started learning the new grease pencil engine.

1 Like

watches the video Whoa! Using the grease pencil for 2D looks like a really powerful feature in 2.8+. I like how well it appears to intuitively echo the standard Blender UI. :slight_smile: However, my operating system is a little older, so the latest version of Blender that I’ve been able to run is 2.79b.

Another tool I have been learning to use for 2d as well is krita. But it is almost going to be the same as you using flash. Well, when you do finally get to use the new blender engine… I think you will enjoy it!