Too drunk to drive drunk music animation

Over ambitious project for my skill level but I learned a lot! Blender eevee. Made for a friends band, Vincent Flatts.

2 Likes

Just amazing work :rofl: :metal:

There are a lot of transitions and jumping to different places very well mastered. Looks challenging to organize all this.

//SPOILER
Especially liked car animation opening,
mood, cameras movement, lightning (a lot), dof, rhythm and fun. That ROcks !
Did not expect that nice close up on the car after seeing humans quick modeling and skeletons animations torture :innocent:
SPOILER//

Well done !

Did you discuss with the band around a storyboard, or jumped in with rough ideas ?

1 Like

Hey, thanks for watching and the positive feedback - very inspiring! There were a lot of sticking points as I tried to figure out how and what to do, especially with the mouth animations and textures (I tried grease pencil initially but couldn’t render it well, if at all). I used a bunch of Lattice’s on the car which was fun and enjoyed the cars expressions. The motion of the characters is a little slow and the weights on stuff like the beard didn’t quite work but I guess this is all part of the learning curve. I didn’t produce a storyboard, it was a total surprise for the band - I think if I told them the idea they’d think I was nuts, best to work it out and show the results lol. The only thing I had in mind was that I wanted to try some shots resembling those from the movies ‘Close Encounters’ and ‘Fire in the Sky’ - the lights behind the car raising up and the light beam from the UFO. I had no idea how or why this would fit in with the driving drunk concept until I was working through it, I just knew these shots had a lot of impact on me and I wanted to find a way to work them in to a project :rofl:

1 Like