Tools for curves

Oh, addition to the previous. Errorinformation says: Name Error: name ´loftdriver´ is not defined. How to fix it, can´t understand.
Maybe someone will quide me, I´d be grateful.

First, if you want to make the surface follows the curves you have to create the loft with “Driven” checked.

There are some cases where the curves doesnt drives the surface properly, those are:
-If you reopen the file, the functions has to re-registered, you can do that by simply click the “update fix” button.
-If you create 2 driven meshes sharing the same curve, the last surface will work fine but the first one not. The only solution i have for this case at this moment its, “dont share curves” i mean, duplicate the shared curve so each mesh has its own curves.

If it still failing, please send or type me the error thats its causing the problem. To watch the error go to Help - Toggle System Console and the console will appear showing whats wrong.

marksto, ive arranged the update fix function, now it will fix things correctly. Download the script again pls.

Thank You Sir. I have now new version 0.1.1 but it helps not at all. I´m pretty old already and therefore quite poor to use computers.
So I need to write what the console says:

Error in Driver: The following Python expression failed:
´loftdriver<´Loft , ´Bezier Curve.002 , 3>´

Traceback <most recent call last>:
File “<bpy driver>” , line 1, in <module>
NameError: name ´loftdriver´is not defined

Error in Driver: The folloving Python expression failed:
´loftdriver<´Loft´, ´BezierCurve;BezierCurve.001;BezierCurve.002´, 3>´

Traceback <most recent call last>:
File “<bpy driver>”, line 1, in <module>
NameError: name ´loftdriver` is not defined

and so on …

Btv I´ve tried this addon by seeking only the basic curves, which i have not edited. The “loftshape” appears fine, but problem is that curves do not formulate it.

If i get this help, i really like it grateful.

Sure, glad to help.

To do a clean installation of the script again. Follow these steps:
1.- Go to Blender user preferences and uncheck Curve Tools.
2.-Save the file and quit blender.
3.-Goto to your addons folder:
4.-Delete the files CurveTools.py and CurveTools258.py (if you have any of them, delete them all) With this we avoid script versions conflicts.
5.-Download the last version script, and put it on addons folder.
6.-Fire up blender and enable the addon by checking it on again.
7.-When that errors happens click the update fix button, and the problem will be solved.

Ill check if i can fix that error but at this moment this is the only way to workaround that.
About the curves, theres no problem on editing them, they only has to be bezier curves, this does not work with nurbs yet.

I think i have acted according to your instruction, but i guess, after all, done something wrong. I try again later, when i be back from a small trip.
Thank You very very much for You advise.

Yes i wasnt thought about it. i guess that shouldnt be very difficult, Ill see if i can contact Chromoly if he is planning to continue his script.

Well theres always cursor to selection -> selection to cursor, but that functionality will be very welcome.

Wow that was a quick answer! Well that is great news!
You have no idea how useful it is for me (and probably other architects using Blender), I hope you are successful in implementing this feature, especially as a script since it must be easier to maintain than a patch.:slight_smile:
Until then I guess I’ll have to rely on the Snap to 3D Cursor feature, though it can be very cumbersome to use if you are working in several different spline objects eheh.

Best of luck with your project and contacting Chromoly, though I believe he is from Japan, and seems to be missing ever since the earthquake incident along with the builder Filiciss:(, hope they are ok.
Many many thanks

Hi, heres a llitle push for this script.

Ive published some updates, those are:
-Nurbs are supported.
-Nurbs with weights for loft and birail.
-Fixed Birail Function
-Allow geometry snap to a curve. (W key when a curve is selected)
-Tension and bias can be adjusted for lofts (Hermite interpolation only)
-Panel moved to 3d view tools. (It displays only when a curve is selected)

Love it! :slight_smile:

i’m trying to install the latest version but…nothing appears in the add-on list… i’m unlucky man…
blender 2.58a from blender.org.
bye.

hey hires, you can run it straight into a text editor.
To load it as an addon, delete the previuos versions, go to User prefs-> Add Curve->Curve Tools (ive to move this to view3d, sry).
Then, the panel will show in the 3d view tools propeties (T Key) only if a curve is selected.

There is something wrong with the link to the file because if i open it with notepad i have the code for your web page and not the python script.
If I click on the link, returns page not found

Sry you are right, its fixed, anyway at the bottom of the page theres a direct link. Thanks for telling me.

now it’s ok! thank you very much!

thanks for this wonderful tool.with trim,extend,fillet for curves it will be a complete cad tool.

this is such a great tool!!!
i must agree with rusted on this!

Hi, thanks for the comments but i must to say to im no longer developing this. I began to rewrite the code to support:
poly curves.
multiple meshes driven by a same curve.
live tension and bias for loft.
find cuts or crosses between curves.
speed optimization for driven surfaces.

The reason is that i have to find an employment soon, so ill have no time to program those features.
Thanks for your comments and im glad that you may find this useful.

hi Mackraken,
already you have done a lot!thanks.and also it may interested someone to add features.(for long curves was neglected in blender).

hi,
Thanks for all your hard work Mackraken,
I do hope you continue with you materials lib & hope you drop in on occasion to chat in irc :slight_smile:
I’ll make sure the script keeps working with api updates, but it would be good if someone took up furthur development of this cool script.