Blue Butterflies (nature attempt with LuxCoreRender)

Hi guys! This is my attempt of creating nature scene with Luxcore. The scene took me 2 months to create as I dont have much time to spend so i was working on it in short periods of time. Anyway…very difficult subject ! :sweat_smile:

Path CPU Sobol 4500 samples about 6h of rendertime…I could not render on GPU as memory peak for this scene is above 8gb (lots of particle systems and 4k textures). Post in Darktable and Gimp for the lens flare effect. I have used GRASSWALD addon for grass and weeds distribution. Some free assets from MEGASCANS. Stump in the back is from BLENDSWAP done by souche06. Bushes in the back done with sapling. Trees done with skin modifier and particle systems. Scene is lit with HDRI and SUN and small area light. Luxcore Image pipeline addons used for mist and background image.

Final

Viewport

45 Likes

dude this is really good. The assets are nicely detailed, the composition is great, and the scene is well laid out. I would love to see an alt version at night!

It looks like there might be a black outline around some of the objects, I would guess you’re adding the mist in a depth pass? solving that issue would take this to being just perfect. I don’t know too much about the issue, but I wonder in rendering in 16 bit would help it? Or rendering double rez and scaling down.

Thanks mate for your critique! Yes the black outline is a problem I could not solve in current state of Image pipeline mist plugin of Luxcorerender…more in this thread explained by B.Y.O.B in Luxcore forums…

https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=583

Very nice! The butterflies are perhaps a bit on the saturated side. They kind of leave the image.

1 Like

nice work man,

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

Wow ! This is nice !

I really like the concept and joyful mood of this one.
Of course there’s space for improvement (as always :slight_smile: )
The black outlines already pointed out - also the leaves on the trees look too plain compared to the rest of the scene.
But man - just keep doing these environments in blender !

Jarek D (DJ)

Nice! Leaves and Butterflies need some translucency, and the moving butterflies might need some motionblur.

Really nice one!

It’s hard to imagine this many butterflys without many many more flowers in the scene.

Nice magical scene