sweet, only thing I don’t like is that green texture

I was going for realistic, it did com out a bit bright though. You can see a photo of the set here,middle fourth row (TRC-77 special forces HF radio), mine seem a bit more green though. I may fiddle with it later though.

I was going for realistic, but it bid render i bit bright, I may fiddle with it later.
You can see a photo of the whole set here,; middle, fourth row (TRC-77 special forces HF radio).

I was going for realistic, but it bid render i bit bright, I may fiddle with it later.
You can see a photo of the whole set here; middle, fourth row (TRC-77 special forces HF radio).

i think that’s pretty photorealistic. did it take forever to make the cable coils?

Not really, it probably took longer to figure it out. I can post a tutorial later, I’m waiting on a render now.

EDIT:
Nevermind, this is allot better.

The lighting coming from the back is strange. The key light should come from front. Backlight should be used just as a rim one.
Anyway model is really very nice.

Yeah, I think moved the camera and forgot to fix the lights. :o
After looking at the real ones I realize my color is a bit off, I may fix that and re-render today or tonight.

I like very much your work, you show good attitude to precision modeling.

The green color would not be objectionable if the lighting were warmer… more yellow.

The problem can, of course, be “fixed in ‘post.’”

Well great, I just got a new external monitor for my laptop, and the color looks completely different, this is probably closer to what you see, much greener than the laptop screen. Unfortunately, due to my laptops graphics card, I can’t run GL programs in the external monitor. I guess I can just fix the color in gimp every time.

Greybeard’s tutorial is great but there is a faster and easier method in the newer blender versions. I don’t know what method you used but making use of the “screw” mesh tool combined with array and curve modifiers you get great cords faster and very easily.
There might be a tutorial using this method at http://wiki.blender.org but I’m not sure. :confused:
Otherwise i could make one if there’s interest.

I know I always like new tutorials on new features and different ways to do things. Count me in.

Nice modelling. The rendering a bit dark though.