----------

If I can add my opinion:
python defined spaces would be great,
but I generally vote for moving almost everything into the property window.
also ‘last operator’(currently in a useless small space), which would be typically space where the python operators show their properties.
The unresolved thing is then not missing python window e.t.c. but the header, which is currently used to browse contexts. I’d love to see a pop-up context selection or context selection from outliner.
Header would be cool just to have some browser like buttons for forward backward e.t.c.

hi,
Whilst it’s sort of cool having scripts integrate into Blender’s menu’s,
There are some scripts that need their own space.
I would prefer to know & have defined the external scripts used.
It’s ok now, with only a handful of fledgling 2.5 scripts, but what about when there’s lot’s more scripts?
Complex scripts such as ANT landscape, the L-system scripts, the City Scripts, the tesselate & Geodesic scripts to name but a few, really should have their own space, as they would, i imagine, be quite a scroll in the menu’s…

I notice that you can Ctrl/Alt/U to bring up the User Preferences menu in a new window.
It would be great to press Ctrl/Alt/S or similar to bring up a scripts window.
Where you could access what you need for writing & testing & running scripts in that space.
This would also mean that Blender’s menu’s would remain intact & any add-ons easily identified.

Remember also to think of future script use.
It’s ok now putting 5 or 6 extra scripts in blender’s menu’s.
What about when it becomes 50 or 60 in 12-18 months time?

For an example, the add mesh menu could have one button called scripts,
press this & the scripts add mesh section could appear in the new scripts window.
The same could apply to many other menu’s, press the scripts button to call up the scripts window & choose your script.

This to me is much better than flooding Blender menu’s with what will be 100’s of scripts over time.
Of course there are/will be some scripts that would be better directly in Blender menu’s.
In theory, there could be an option/check box (in the pop up window)
to choose Run In Window or Run in Blender menu.
As a function would need to be written to have the “Scripts Window” read what scripts it can access,
if a script does not call this function, it would simply appear in Blender’s menu’s anyway.

Well, that’s my thoughts on it.