Topology Opinions for Cartoon Characters Face?

Alright, its been a couple of days and i have made some progress however i have sort of hit a wall, (a sort of writers block) i don’t know where to go from here. i am doing the UV unwrapping now, then i will do the texture painting, then i will rig her. not sure if this is the correct workflow, but thats what I’m doing for now.

I have tweaked her eyes like stated about, and pulled the hair forward, and also i have ever so slightly pinched her shirt to match the reference.

I have one question i would like some advice on, its about the clothing, should i use the solidify modifier to give it volume?

Anyways, i will set up proper lighting and renders soon so i can start posting better progress photos :slight_smile:
but for now, here are more screenshots XD

that looks quite good to me. Though to me the upper lip of the cartoon looks thinner and the mouth looks wider in the cartoon.

Thanks for the comment! i shall take that into consideration! x)

Alright its been a couple of days and i have completely UV unwrapped her and created simple textures for her in photoshop and applied it, i will texture paint some more details later (the star on her shirt, her shoes, lip colour, and some simple freckles and shading around her body)

I am aware of the lack of eye brows, I have no idea how to handle them as of yet, should I create separate physical meshes, and should I texture paint them on? I have yet to decide. I want to have full control of them as I will use them heavily for animation (expressions) so I am leaning towards having a separate mesh.

Alright so after a little bit of work, i actually feel like she’s coming alive, and a little bit of her character is showing through not, I’m still not entirely happy with the overall form of her head, i will be tweaking this as i move forward, but as I’m on a deadline, i can’t stay in one place too long. i have nearly finished texturing her, all thats is left is to do the skin shader and her hair. after that i shall rig her, and animate her!

kind of feels like I’m talking to myself here sometimes so please any criticisms are welcome! :slight_smile:

Attachments