Toprology feed back

I think I have found a new fast way of making base meshes but I would first like to ask what you thing of the tropoloy.:smiley: Also I would like two know how long you think it would take you to make this base mesh:eyebrowlift:

TT
Thanks for your time.

You might want to have the faceloops follow the muscleshapes of the animal. Now everything is pretty much going straight across.

ben is right, it would work for a solid object but if your planning on animating it you will run into a few issues.

Hey Thanks for the reply:)
Dose any one of you know a good tropology (preferably video) tutorial?I have bean searching for one for one and did not find anyrhing:)
Do you think its possible to change the tropology without hawing to remodel the howl model?If yes how?
Tips are always welcome.

Thanks so much

Do you think its possible to change the tropology without hawing to remodel the howl model?If yes how?
Tips are always welcome.

Retopology tutorial http://www.blendercookie.com/2010/08/30/retopology-and-normal/

Hey thanks so so so much!!!
Now I am sculpting and am not sure what to do with the mouth…should I also model the inthide?

Here is a screen shot…as you might se my sculpting is not that great:)
Will now loock into sculpting tutorials:)

Image 1:A sculpt I just made:) (6 mill faces)
Image 2:Same model partly retopogoly with normal mapping baked on:) (130 faces)
This is my first retopology and normal map bake.Sorry that the retopo is not done,I just thought why waste time on a model which I only made for testing/learning purpose
Enjoy this badly made sculpting xD

the shouldn’t be based on muscle groups, the should be based on how skin slides and moves when its deformed. you need to get pics of the cat doing various actions and figure out what kind of geometry you need to support the kind of deformations you want

You can see this on a face where the nasal labial fold informs how the mesh is structed in the area around the nose and the mouth. same with the eye where the formation of crow’s feet when the eyes squint takes precedent over the circular nature of the eye muscles.

so start with some pictures of cats running, stalking, sneering, fightng or stalking and throw them in a 2d program and than start painting some mesh lines on it.

but always think in terms of skin sliding and moving about

Hey thanks that is a great Idea to paint the mesh on the picture:)
Will try this out as soon as possible>

I’m a new member, so I’m just looking around.

“Tyrant monky: so start with some pictures of cats running, stalking, sneering, fightng or stalking and throw them in a 2d program and than start painting some mesh lines on it.”

OK what do you think abut this?Is this any good?
Dose any one know how to get this into 3d,I mean I don’t know what to do with this image after I have finished it:)
Thanks