new spell system
– use the spell bar to cast and manage spells, either clicking on the spells or using key-bound buttons
– spell recharges and out of range indicators are shown on the spell bar
– information about spells can be found by mousing over spells
– freeze - freeze target in a block of ice
– fireball - hurl a fireball at the target
– summon imp - one spell in what is to be a chain of minion summon spells (imps aren’t animated atm)
– the mouse will now act as a pointer, with left-click selecting target characters
– however, when right-mouse button is held down it can be used to position the camera
– camera can be zoomed with the mouse wheel
– select targets with left-click
– see your target’s health and attack your target
*day and night system
– 24 minutes per game day
– features sunrise, sunset and changing moon
– introduces torch object, for vision at night or in dark locations
– improved efficiency
– more reliable and improved group AI
Torin’s Tale is a 3rd person RPG I’m developing.
Set in a fantasy world where humans still fight for money and fame in arenas, you play as Torin; who proved himself worthy of becoming an apprentice to an arena master in exchange for his servitude and other benefits, such as lending ‘energy’ to his master. However, when Torin reaches the finals in his home city Sorra’s competition, he is blackmailed into forfeiting from the competition by the mysterious Elf master of his opponent, and is shunned by his master as a coward.
Left without a home or job in the city, Torin decides to track down the mysterious Elf, but finds there are schemes deep at work that threaten the survival of the humans.
Well, that’s all for now.
I created my pathfinding using the A* search algorithm and optimising it with a navigation mesh, which you can get here: