Torque help

This is how i am set up mesh set to no coillison, and the armature is rigid. using rot works but looks a bit stiff or mechanical on the turns so i tried using torque and nothing happens. i should tell you the in the advanced button i locked out all axis including z (rot) but that does not matter using rot, When i unlock z axis it move badly. I just want it not to look so stiff.

digiman

Disable the axis locking. Then add a on the armature a positive z force 9,8 or set the wolrd gravity to zero.

That helped a bit but it is still acting oddly, also I did understand your reply “add a” not sure if that was a typo or not. i included a quick blend. On another blend i was working but the file too big to upload, the fish were all over the place with grav set to zero but the blend I gave is way more stable. On the blend below I got rid of grav but does not work as well as it does with loc, and rot.(not sure of the settings) this is something that i have ignored in the past because i did not think it was that important but it would look better if it worked with force and torque. If i see your settings that would help me see it better. If it works well I might be able to use dynamic which i never could before

digiman

Attachments

torque.blend (239 KB)

Yes “Add a” was a typo. I played a little around with your file, but with force the rotation looks oddly. I think you need a script that rotate the direction force along the direction, otherwise the fish is moving sideway when he rotate to fast. I need little bit time to think over it.

That was the best I could do with LogicBriks. It is not perfect but it looks better.
Physic -> Advanced -> Max 10.0 (Vel max speed.)
Physic -> Form 00:01
State 1: Force x -10.0, AngV x 0.001, AngV y 0.001, z AngV 0001
State 2: Force x -10.0, z AngV -1000
State 3: Force x -10.0, AngV z 1,000

Attachments

torque.blend (239 KB)