Tower in forest

I saw this tower at a farmer’s museum and photographed it from both sides. I have mapped the pictures to the roughly recreated geometry. after the rendering I helped a bit with photoshop and that’s the result.

if you have good pictures, you can recreate them relatively easily.
I roughly recreated the tower. then uv unwrapped. I then aligned the faces with the photo and tried to match them. I put the photo in the roughness and normal channel. with nodes like ramp or curve I have adjusted the node to get a better roughness/bump.

here is some more information about the project:

the scene is relatively simple. in the foreground there are a few trees, in the middle the tower on a rock, a few plants and a stairs. and in the background more trees and very far in the background a few background pictures. I inserted the background images directly because I worked with dov in the camera settings. the blur then did not fit very well to a later built-in background. that’s why I decided to integrate it directly into the blender scene. (maybe there is a better solution :wink: )

the unedited image looked like this:

with the mist pass I was able to work out a little more depth.

thank you for your interest!

58 Likes

I really like how you’ve taken something fairly drab and made it beautiful with color, lighting, atmosphere, and composition. Your trees are beautiful, this is excellent work all around :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, I appreciate that.

1 Like

You have done the Tower and Farmer justice ! Well done.

we have to ask them, but I think :wink:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

you too. bye bye

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

love this render! great work

1 Like

this is so cool :slightly_smiling_face:

@SpiritofK thx man
@Peter42 thx too :slight_smile:
have a nice day

1 Like