Traditional

Hello Everyone,

Just finished this project - Rendered in Indigo. Thanks for viewing!

Looks gray. Cant say much anything else.

Nice render and textures! I think it looks great, though not quite photorealistic.

Looks great!
Can u share the material settings for the glass?
SPECULAR= transparent + sss material? Im having some trouble getting it right.
Did u turn on Ray Trans on in Blender? I know for earlier versions u had to do this but not sure with the current.
Thnx.

Nice image, good textures but I agree with Eradicor the image looks desaturated. How long did you render it?

Out of curiosity - how did you do the trim work? Spline extrusion or something else?

Colour correction is required, maybe something like this? I’m not very good with colours but you see what i mean.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5629/showcase009qv1.jpg

FloorPlay,

See the first pic below - when all els fails, lower the gain. I did not turn on ray trans in Blender.

musk,

24 hours approx.

Berk,

Funny you should ask - I have been working on a “Profiles” project for all types of common molding - see the second pic for an example of the profiles for casing molding. I plane to put them all together and release on the BMR. They are bezier curves. I am off now for the Holidays, so perhaps I can get them finished.

Animal,

I see what you mean, but I’m not sure I understand. How do you know when something needs color correction? I am just a humble hobbyist - in constant need of an education.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Attachments

Thnx for posting that.
I thought it may have had something to do with the gain. Also thought it may have been the ‘Dermis’ ‘Epedermis’ etc settings but i guess not.
Did you experiment with the IOR to get that final result for your picture? They say 1.53 is best for windows and 1.33 for water. I suppose they may simply be indications.
Thnx again.

Molding Profiles uploaded

Includes:
Casing, Colonial Casing and Plinth
Bar Rail and Hand Rail
Base and Shoe Molding
Chair Rail, Batten, Astragal and Base Cap
Bed and Crown Molding
Tongue & Groove and Panel Mullion
Brick Molding

Instructions included

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/453/Models/MoldingProfiles.blend

everything always needs color correction.
actually, it doesn’t but it’s a really good habit to get into playing around with a render in the image editor of your choice to see if you can’t push the contrast / saturation or curves to finesse a good image into a great image. Sometimes it’s suprising how much better something will look after a few tweaks with the curves or levels.