Trailer House

I was just going to make this house, but then I started adding stuff…
The house is the only thing I actually made, In fact I even swiped the ariel off of the tip of some one else’s antenna model. I did at least make the chimney though.

4 Likes

I feel like the house could use some dirt and grime, especially considering it’s out in the badlands but looks very close to flawless. The character model looks a bit iffy as well, dunno if it’s a textures thing or a lighting thing, but she just stands out as CG.

That being said, the scene is lit very well. It’s hard to get that natural overcast look without making everything flat and uniformly lit. Did you set up the lighting yourself or did you use and HDRI?

1 Like

Yeah I am definitely going to dirty it up some, and put a better roughness map on the windows. The sky is procedural, using an add-on by NM8. It allows a lot of control over the parameters in the nodes editor. The sky is providing the lighting 100%

Awesome! Can’t wait to see the results.

1 Like

I improved the boards texture, so now I need to replace the windows and doors. I am thinking a beat up screen door might be nice.

2 Likes

Making slow progress…I had some issues with rigging the cat and wasted some time. Made new doors. Not sure where everything’s going to go yet, but I think I may throw a road and some telephone poles in.

2 Likes

I decided to replace the cc3 figure, which was more of a stand-in with my own mesh, So I opened an old figure I made from scratch from references, retopologized it and did a high to low poly normals bake. I need to give it some clothes yet of course. I think I am going to do a dynamic cloth sim. I had some weird artifacts around some of the finger and toe seams, but overall it worked fairly well.

I like your careful avoidance of the nsfw tag :wink:

1 Like

I figured the cautious approach was best since I haven’t been around for awhile.

1 Like