Trans Antarctic Expedition

Hi all, I am working on a new project, that is my own rendition of a famous National Geographic photo from one of the first expeditions across antarctica. The image I have created is based upon a single photo, and i went ahead and drew my own front side and top views of the snow cat, and although it may not be exactly like in the image, i feel this will give me some room to play around with the scene. It doesn’t have to be exact, but i will strive to get close, with texturing. Anyway, here is the model i have currently, and at this point in time it is roughly 350k polys. I should take lessons on low poly modelling, but it was a tough model to do, because of the way different corners meet in the model.

So without further ado, here it is. My attempt to texture this will be thorough, but i imagine I will have many questions about it. I will follow this up with wires, so you can see my strategies. I know they are not the best wires in terms of efficiency, but they got the job done, as of now. Thanks for showing interest

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4590/snowcatrenderacr0.jpg

Your vehicle model is very professional. Can’t wait to see some material applied to it.

the second he moves hes down, it the way he is positioned