Transfer the vertex order addon

(JoseConseco) #1

Copy vert ids addon.

Get it from here
This blender addon makes it possible to transfer mesh vert IDs, from mesh A to mesh B, if both of them have the same topology (same vertex count, same polygon count, shape can be different).
With vert IDs copied you will be able to transfer mesh attributes like uv, weights, colors etc. by using Data Transfer modifier (and using’Topology’ vertices matching).

7 Likes
(Spirou4D) #2

Thks JoseConseco, little feature but GREAT IDEA!
Congratulations: The best add-on are always some simple features like this! :eyebrowlift:

EDIT: but in python names are always without uppercase!

this name is better compatible with Blender Add-Ons naming :
mesh_copy_vert_ids.py

Byebye

Thank you so much for this add-on! You’re a life-saver. I can’t believe this hasn’t gotten more attention, considering how many people were asking to be able to do what your add-on does?

(thomas_p) #4

perhaps it’s an issue with the naming? coming from other apps I was searching high and low for a way to … transfer the vertex order. :wink:

this should be standard in blender - i wonder if it would be possible to somehow have this functionality in the data transfer modifier?

(JoseConseco) #5

Renamed to : transfer the vertex order.
I think this is not popular because it is very specialized addon, and not much people require this functionality, maybe?

(Rimasson) #6

A good addition to the Meshtransfer addon that can transfer shapes between mesh with different vertice count

1 Like

This is a brilliant thing! I’ve been looking for a long time. Thank you very much.

(actimelvanille) #8

Thanks for the Addon! :slight_smile:

(actimelvanille) #9

Oh … and I REALLY hope you will bring this to 2.8 :wink: