Transferring All Of My Work To Another Computer

Hi!

I have a bunch of .blend files that I want to transfer to a new computer. The problem is, the old computer is a Mac, and the new one is a PC. When I try to move or copy any of the files, they do not open correctly on the PC, with no textures, as the file-location structure is from the Mac. For example, “----/Users/Folders/Desktop/Blender Pictures/HullPlating1.jpg” would be a typical structure. The PC, however, does not have the same structure, and cannot find the files, even if they are loaded to the computer on a USB. I need to transfer everything off of the Mac, to free up space. I need to have the textures with the files, or hours of work is gone. Thanks in advance!

-Max

Easiest option is to pack all the external files into the blend file before copying it over (File / External Data / Pack all into .blend

After loading the packed files to the computer, I would like to have the folders back as they were on the mac, as in a folder “Blender Pictures”, a folder “Wood Textures”, a folder “3D Models 1”, etc, so that I could still find the files and folders from scratch as well. Would Unpack All .blend do all of this for me?

-Max

If you use the unpack option it will create a textures folder in the same location as the blend file and add all the textures to that folder.

Thank You!