Translucency with SSS (sub surface scattering)

@TAMcCullough:

I would assume that you need a GPU with pixel shader 2.0. Do your cards have that?
My card is old/slow but has pixelshader 3.0. Are pixelshaders downward compatible (I thought so)?

ParnoidAndroid

even with your new one, i get this error:

---- GLSL Program ----
Fragment info

0(14) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter “lightDir”

---- GLSL program failed to link ----

and of course the ob is black.

Does not work for me too on Geforce 7600GT. Same Error as blendmaster1024 said.
But works very well on 8600M GT.

Great work Martinsh and many thanks!

my bad meant to say 3.0
nervous laughter. that rules that out! :o

Very cool, materials

any change to see this FX in the cards that are not working? maybe a patch or something?

any change to see this FX in the cards that are not working? maybe a patch or something?

I think it can’t be because of this:

0(14) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "lightDir

This literally means the computer ran out of resources, this either mean graphic card speed, memory or compatibility issues with opengl’s code functions. Or that’s what I think at least, I’m still too newbie on opengl programing to tell what the problem is exactly.

Hey everyone I think I found a solution, actually was FunkyWyrm, check up this thread!!

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158531

Seems that adding this little line
#version 120

may solve the problems.
"

Is this possible to do on mac? The demos don’t work here.

Works perfectly on my shiny new 9800 :slight_smile:

wow… That’s impressive man 0.o Keep up the awesome work!

Got this error on my Intel-Mac with an ATI card.

ERROR: 0:41: ‘constructor’ : constructing matrix from matrix (reserved)

after a long time of having no idea, i now know how to fix glsl shaders. i’ll take a look at this, maybe i can fix the old problems with old cards :slight_smile: seems to be a very fast shader…

none seem to work for me, i have an nvidia 7600gs.

and the pouring water one won’t even load, it says its not a blend file O_o

hi everyone! I am following martinish scripting since some days and i must say that you are amazing!! im not expert with GE, but i never saw anything like this!

however i have a little problem with a couple of your blend files. I think is related with the files that i have to download clicking with the right button and pressing save as, because the rest is working fine. When i try to run these files (for example this about SSS) i get a console error.

“Unknown file type or error, check console”. Then “Loading “file path” failed. File is not a blender File”.

in the console i get this "In_BPY_call_importloader (name=“file path”)

it does the same under win7 or ubuntu 10. i also tried to rename it in *.zip or *.rar, but didn’t work.

i hve thi problem with this SSS demo and the filters_mountain demo
I hope someone can help me to solve the problem because i would really like to see this stuff!!

thank you!

Amazing work!

Seems to be great, but none of the files work to me either in blender 2.49b nor 2.67b.

This file was in a thread (cant remember which one) recently:

Translucenct_suzanne_b26x.blend (1.7 MB)

@ Salvador: If you need a quick and simple Fake-SSS Setup, here is a a Setup of Material Nodes that I use to use.

(But the Screenshot just shows tha Base, it can be extended in different Ways for a more specific SSS-Effect.)

Thanks CA.Gonna be useful in my project.