Transparent glass material image to photoshop

Hello,

is there a chance to export transparent glass material image to photoshop and keep it transparent?

Thanks

ldon

Any refractive shader will render opaque…
If you need alpha, use a transparent/glossy mix for the “glass”.

What about principled BSDF shader?

What about it?
Just because it is there doesn’t mean you have to use it for everything.

What is your goal? What are you trying to atchieve? Why?

Anyway, if you needed to render once, but composite it over a lot of backgrounds, you could render it in layers, render refraction only on top of some plane textured the same as UV pass and then render reflection layer and you would have a way to deform some image acording to refraction and add reflections on top. It doesn’t seem to be completely accurate, and it will not work in Photoshop, but if you are OK to stay within Blender, at least it’s possible.

I know IkariShinji but I’m just a beginner in blender.

MartinZ to be honest I wanted to create a photoshop mock-up file with some glass object but as I think about it now I understand without some “photoshop actions” it is impossible to achieve it.
The glass object would need to be on a separate layer in case of movements and it wouldn’t do the glass effect on the background layer at all.

Why do you need a mock up file? And what sort of mock up file is it? What is it for? How were you going to use it?