Transparent Tinted Plastic with Chrome Finish Material

Hello,

Does anyone know how to make this?

I’ve tried using:
transparent with glossy and layer weight facing node,
glass with glossy and layer weight facing node,
glass with principled metallic and layer weight facing node,
and many other variations but I can’t make it exactly like that.

I am willing to pay for your time using PayPal.

Thanks.

I would start with something like this:

Up to you if you want to use refraction or transparency based transmission. The highlighted green node controls how reflective it is at facing angles. There is a facing selector currently going into the transmissive parts, normally for coated glass (like corrective glasses) this would be plugged into the glossy.

Since we can see some stress lines going on in your video, I’m guessing some polarisation is at play here which isn’t possible to simulate correctly. But in principle, a transparent object where you control how reflective it is, would be setup something similar to this.

Any money can be donated to any charity of your choosing - just post the receit :smiley:

After testing for hours, I think this is closest material to transparent chrome.

I’d take a look, but video in OP isn’t working

I’ve fixed the video link.

“Transparent chrome” is senseless as chromium is a metal and cannot be transparent. You can apply a coating to transmissive plastic to make it more reflective (similar to my corrective glasses having a coating to make them less reflective), but any layer of chrome plating (probably can’t “plate” it, but whatever process that would work with plastic) would completely cover the plastic underneath.

Chrome isn’t a surface finish, although it can be a treatment (like plated chrome). But chrome is usually highly polished, close to a mirror appearance.

Do you have a link to the product description?

this seems to be a antireflection coating.similar to sunglasses.

https://refractiveindex.info/?shelf=other&book=SiN&page=Vogt-2.13

this should easy to rebuild

edit here two try outs

first with custom rgb curve,with values from the refractive index reflection curve (green curve)
+glass shader with IOR of 1.58 (same as PC,poly carbonate)used with swimming glasses

second, same glass with simply 25% mix of antireflection coating,(have read in some patent paper that this company used 25%silver nitrate in his coating)

version 1 should be more physically correct due use of the IOR curve for reflection coating