Trasparent object

Dear Experts,

How to get rid of black background (to make it transparent) on an object after clipping an image.
Untitled

Thank you

Probably the best way would be to edit the image externally in gimp/photoshop and make the black outline actually transparent then save in png format with an alpha channel. You can then plug the colour output of the image to the Base Colour input and the alpha channel to the Alpha input of the principled BSDF node.

Alternately you could do it without editing the image with nodes like this:

The colour ramp is used to clip the black outline.
Note that the outline has to actually be black (in your example this will not work well as there are some light reflections in the outline).
If you have any black (or very dark) parts in the image itself this would also turn transparent.
So in many cases it would be better to edit the image externally first.

everything around red is transparentUntitled

a math node with less than or greather than, and threshold for the black,maybe 0.05 instead the colorramp should working too.If the result is true,then the output is 1.

I’m sorry. I’m not so experienced just want toi learn. Could you clarify, please.

Sure,here on a plane.

I borrowed me this texture for this
testblk1

Ok I see you have already made an alpha channel.

1 Plug your image node colour to base colour, and alpha to alpha as shown on the right.

2 For eevee make sure you have enabled alpha in your material blend mode (alpha hashed or alpha blend) as shown on the left.

3 if you want to get rid of the remaining outline edit in gimp/photoshop the image.

Yes, I always have the tendency to use colour ramp for mathematical problems as maths is not my thing :frowning: it is effectivly the same as the colour ramp will give values from 0-1 and the position gives the clipping value.

In this case both methods works.However, if you have a texture with black in the main texture itself, then both methods are useless, because you get transparent holes in your black texture parts displayed.
Then a own alpha mask would do the job,or maybe better fitting uv mapping (uv within the main texture).

You are right, I did say that in my first post, that is why I recommended editing the image externally to get a real alpha channel to plug into alpha.
RobinZon pointed out that he had already done that, his original image does have an alpha channel so I thought maybe he did not change the alpha settings in his material properties.

DNorman,

I tried to do it without Shading, and it did not work. Shading for now is difficult for me.

Thank you :turkey: