Treasure

Well, I think it’s about time to call this one finished. This was done in Blender 2.5, and rendered with Blender Internal. I’m fairly happy with how it turned out. It was my first attempt at an underwater scene and I think I captured that feel pretty well. Anyway, I’d love to hear your comments and critiques.

High Res:
http://www.photogenesisdesigns.com/artwork/Treasure.jpg

Attachments

Wow! Fantastic work! I can’t really see much to critique! Just…really great work!

Very nice. You’ve captured the underwater feeling perfectly!

This is a render?! You could have fooled me! Excellent work, very realistic.

Could you please post a pic of the wireframe as well?

Thank you for the comments :slight_smile: Here is a shot showing the wires for those interested.

Attachments

Really convincing, very nice scene;)

Very nice!! Congrats on the banner!!

Excellent work and corgrats. !!!

nice work, i like the envirnoment
texture resolution of the crabs isn’t that good though [being honest]

Yeah, the crabs geometry needs more contrast, sharper seems between segments and whatnot

But the render is great, I’d like to see the settings/nodes

Thanks for all the comments, and wow, I’m honored to get the banner, I didn’t expect that at all.

3DGuru: Yeah, texture resolution isn’t as high as I would have liked, however it’s better than it appears in the image. With as narrow a DoF as I’ve got going it thows the claws a little more out of focus than I would have liked.

Shatter: I can see what you are saying, but according to my reference images the segments really weren’t much sharper than what I’ve got. The joints did have more detail though. I had originally planned on doing a high res sculpt on the crabs, but kinda just ran out of time.

Wow really nice! Awesome concept!

This scene looks awesome, from the details on the doubloons to the underwater lens effect. Two criticisms, the dead fish’s head looks a little funny and the legs of the crabs on the left look like they have some kind of render error. Besides that this scene is incredibly realistic, nice job.

very awesome :smiley: could’ve been a picture…

congrats on the Banner! :smiley:

Really nice. Did you do anything in terms of linear workflow?

Great job! It’s nice to see little creations like these with animals instead of people, architecture, spaceships, etc. For the coins, did you use a particle system, or did you create multiple coins and bake game engine physics on them? I noticed the circles around the coins; that usually means you’ve enabled some sort of physics on them? Anyway, good job, and congrats on the banner!

very cool… love it… good work man!

Nice job on the… ehm… everything really

I love how they are fighting over the fish when they are on top of a fortune in gold coins that people would fight over.

That looks sweet. 5 stars