Triangle add-on for Blender

add-ons

(wilBr) #23

dependency walker say various dll missing. like:

API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L1-1-0.DLL
EXT-MS-WIN-KERNEL32-APPCOMPAT-L1-1-0.DLL
EXT-MS-WIN-SHELL32-SHELLCOM-L1-1-0.DLL

but on stackoverflow says is this not important, says dependency walker cant process API-sets
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36240215/dependency-walker-missing-dlls)

(https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/missing-api-ms-win-core-dlls/d99d1368-0f92-43db-bbdb-7d080f1f96e9?auth=1)

(R_dva) #24

hello, I have the same problem as wilBr, how can I fix the error?

(dustractor) #25

Also getting the access violation, also the vcredist_x64.exe say it’s already installed another version. I also wanted to point out that capital ‘T’ in the name would be most polite to the author’s stated wishes. bpy_Triangle as opposed to bpy_triangle but that really is something minor.

(dustractor) #26

@StompinTom an alternative method of going about this would be to spit out ele files and such to a temp location and use python’s subprocess module to run the command-line version. The user would be required to download/compile for their machine, and set the path manually in userprefs. The upside is that then it would be easier to make cross platform. Just a thought.

(StompinTom) #27

Could you send me the .blend file? Does it work on other geometries / shapes?

(StompinTom) #28

Yeah, that could be easier, though clunkier :slight_smile: I’m quite busy at the moment, but perhaps there can be an alternate option to use the command-line version. The beauty of a library and ctypes is that it’s fast and integrated.

With regard to the name ‘bpy_triangle’, that is the name of the add-on, which is separate from the actual lib. In descriptions and publications, the capitalized ‘Triangle’ name is appropriate when referring to the lib, of course, as per the author’s wishes.

(StompinTom) #29

Does it warn you of any mismatches between x86 and x64 platforms? I’m a bit stumped about that… and you have MSVC redistributables installed and everything?

(Popi) #30

Hello! I’m very interested in trying that addon, but I can’t get it installed… I have been into “User preferences” and clicked on “Install Add-on from file” and been selecting the ZIP downloaded from github, but then it is just impossible to find in the list of addons, even by typing “triangle”. Could you please help me?

Thanks!

(ps8) #31

Unzip the file and place the folder “mesh_triangle” in C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons

(StompinTom) #32

@Popi did that work for you?
Thanks @ps8!

(ps8) #33

I do get an error though:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\mesh_triangle_init_.py”, line 231, in execute
(verts, faces, N) = triangulate_object(o, args)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\mesh_triangle_init_.py”, line 80, in triangulate_object
res = triangulate(verts, faces, border, args)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\mesh_triangle\triangle.py”, line 153, in triangulate
in_mesh = createTriangleIO(verts, faces, border)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\mesh_triangle\triangle.py”, line 107, in createTriangleIO
io.trianglelist = (c_int * (NF * 3))(*faces_raw)
IndexError: invalid index

(Tristan) #34

I can’t get this to work, getting the same errors as the ones mentioned above. Any solutions? Or is there an alternative for this? Thanks!

(Dito) #35

Hi StompinTom,

do you plan to update to Blender 2.8?
As others have already written, it would be a fantastic tool for text, clothing and softbodys.

(spiderbrigade) #36

I have the same errors others have posted - I have the 2015 Visual C++ installed (I even uninstalled the more recent 2017 redist and ran the 2015 installer to make sure).

This seems like a really useful addon if we could get it working…

(Tristan) #37

For anyone still looking for simple triangulation tesselation, Loïc Norgeot’s BakeMyScan-addon comes with a Blender integrated UI interface for MMGtools, which was exactly was I was looking for. The only downside is there is no 2.80 support yet, but it works perfectly with 2.79!

(StompinTom) #38

Eventually, yes. I haven’t had time to look into the 2.8 API, but hopefully will get around to it!

(StompinTom) #39

Thanks for this, looks super useful! Triangle is small and light, so maybe someone finds it useful, but MMG looks fantastic and really powerful.

(StompinTom) #40

I need to find time to look more into this. It seems a bit bizarre and hard to narrow down, but I need to do some debugging to figure out what the issue is.

(Dito) #41

Great to hear.
I’m really looking forward to it.

(DaremoK3) #42

@StompinTom
Glad to see you are still around, and thank you for creating this addon.

I modified it a little for my cloth sim needs, but I am still trying to work out how to code the hole function for darts in cloth.

Are all of the command line switches compiled into the DLL?

Here is example mod version so far:

Thanks again Tom - I am ‘someone (who) finds it useful’.