Tripod Drone

Greetings! I’ve been following a course by Simon Fuchs to level up my hardsurface modelling skills, and this drone is the most complex thing I ever created in blender.

The course didn’t include any rigging and animation and I thought “why shouldn’t I make this even harder on myself and try something I never did before?”, so I added a rig and animated it.

I’m quite happy with how it turned out but there’s still some work left to do - texturing, basic environment and light setup.

If anyone’s’ interested in the course, you can get it from gumroad. Price might be high for some but for me it was well worth it. I learned so much from it (modelling, material creation in SBP, workflow improvements for blender, normal baking, color id baking, and many more) and I’m really excited to put this newfound knowledge to use in future projects :blush:

I added a small driver to control wheel orientation. Just a few lines of Python code and now wheels and wheel guards all point in same way and can return to rest position by controling just one object’s rotation.