Trippy Sink Counter Waves With Dynamic Paint (VFX Test)

Title pretty much explains it. Composited in After Effects. Enjoy:

Edit: Finally embedded the link so it’s easier to see.

nice
i think you mean dynamic paint

Haha - yup that’s the one :wink:

looks really good, just wondering was this rendered in cycles? If so, I’d love to see your node and lighting set up for this animation. I’m just playing around with this new feature now and struggling to get the lighting and materials right. I’m really impressed with the whole new dynamic paint feature.

looks really good, just wondering was this rendered in cycles? If so, I’d love to see your node and lighting set up for this animation. I’m just playing around with this new feature now and struggling to get the lighting and materials right. I’m really impressed with the whole new dynamic paint feature.
Nope, this was done entirely with the blender internal render engine. Afterwards, I comped the passes into After Effects.

1. I projected the sink texture onto basic geometry that lined up with the plate. That was my color pass.

2. I animated a sphere to create ripples on the sink with the Dynamic Paint Modifier, and because the texture was applied as “Sticky” it rippled with the plane surface.

3. I then rendered an Ambient Occlusion Pass, A Specular Pass, and a Shadow Pass:

Ambient Occlusion Pass

Specular Pass

Shadow Pass

4) Finally, I added them altogether in After Effects, adding grain, subtle camera movement, and a lens distortion to complete the effect.

remember the special effects used in the movie “the Abyss”

very good

Yes, I love that movie!