Trouble animating texture using offset

Hey all…struggling a little bit here and thought I’d ask for some help. I’m testing a shield effect for a space scene. I’ve got an object (ship) inside a UV sphere that has been scaled down along the z axis. I made a texture in gimp and applied it to the sphere hoping to use keyframes with the y offset to animate the texture mapping so that some movement was evident. However, it doesn’t seem to be working like some of the tutorials I’ve seen.

I’ll attach the blend file as soon as I can. (website will not let me atm). When I do get it posted, if you could take a look at it and maybe let me know what I’m doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Jim

When I try to upload the blend file I get a failure msg. Anyone having similar problems?

No. untitled.blend (87.7 KB). Check the link in my signature.

Thanks for that, JA12.

Here’s the link: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/30213

If anyone could help me out, that would be great!

The offset animation works. It just doesn’t show up in the viewport preview with glsl shading, have to render it out.

I’ve also been working with the AnimAll add-on, which allowed me to move the UVs and animate with keyframes. This method does seem to show up in the viewport preview with the glsl shading…very helpful to know it’s working. I wasn’t able to see that earlier but it is good to know if was, in fact, working even if I couldn’t see it showing up in the viewport. Thanks for the help!