Trouble doing a fluid sim animation.

I’m working on a scene that requires a fluid sim animation and I’m having trouble with it.

I feel like I have everything set up right but when I bake the sim the fluid flows through the obstacle. :frowning:

Here’s pics of the settings and the .blend to see if anyone can spot what my mistake may be.

Attachments

Here’s the .blend

Attachments

Martini2.blend (437 KB)

Some issues are as follows:

You have the fluid partially outside of the obstacle, (select the fluid and the obstacle and switch to side view),

You are using a “non - water tight” object as an obstacle which you have set to a volume instead of ‘shell’,

Your Fluid Domain object has a negative scale - select it and apply scale -> Ctrl + a,

Your Fluid Domain is larger than it needs to be -> switch to edit mode and scale it down (leave some gap, but less than what you have now between the fluid and the domain), - unless you’re planning to have some fluid spill outside of the glass onto the table?,

You’re using a fairly low final resolution of 65, I usually use at least 100 to 150 for starters, and probably 200 + if you have a computer with sufficient ram for the final bake.

I think that’s it.
If there is still ‘leakage’, you may want to consider a temporary stand in obstacle with thicker walls.

Just noticed the fluid being outside too >.<

And yes, the domain is larger for later splashing.

Thanks for your help!:slight_smile: