Trouble replacing string in subclass then executing command bpy.ops.pose.rigify_

Hello, I’m trying to replicate the IK2FK snap option found in the n-panel of rigify. I’m using a pose picker and it’s more convenient having some of these rigify n-panel options in the separate pose picker window.

This is the code for IK2FK snap of the left hand for this particular character.

bpy.ops.pose.rigify_limb_ik2fk_m5zoa5ys2eee44e5(prop_bone=“upper_arm_parent.R”, fk_bones="[“upper_arm_fk.R”, “forearm_fk.R”, “hand_fk.R”]", ik_bones="[“upper_arm_ik.R”, “MCH-forearm_ik.R”, “MCH-upper_arm_ik_target.R”]", ctrl_bones="[“upper_arm_ik.R”, “hand_ik.R”, “upper_arm_ik_target.R”]", extra_ctrls="[]")

The rig_id is m5zoa5ys2eee44e5

I’m trying to pass this exact same argument but make the rig_id dynamic. This code gives me the rig_id of the active rig.

rigID = bpy.context.object.data.values()[1]

I want to pass rigID into the IK2FK argument.

bpy.ops.pose.rigify_limb_ik2fk_rigID(prop_bone=“upper_arm_parent.R”, fk_bones="[“upper_arm_fk.R”, “forearm_fk.R”, “hand_fk.R”]", ik_bones="[“upper_arm_ik.R”, “MCH-forearm_ik.R”, “MCH-upper_arm_ik_target.R”]", ctrl_bones="[“upper_arm_ik.R”, “hand_ik.R”, “upper_arm_ik_target.R”]", extra_ctrls="[]")

This is where I’ve hit a deadend. I’ve tried various ways of executing this code.

import bpy

string = “bpy.ops.pose.rigify_limb_ik2fk_” + rigID + ‘(prop_bone=“upper_arm_parent.R”, fk_bones="[“upper_arm_fk.R”, “forearm_fk.R”, “hand_fk.R”]", ik_bones="[“upper_arm_ik.R”, “MCH-forearm_ik.R”, “MCH-upper_arm_ik_target.R”]", ctrl_bones="[“upper_arm_ik.R”, “hand_ik.R”, “upper_arm_ik_target.R”]", extra_ctrls="[]")’

def IK2FKSnap(arg):

test = arg
return test

IK2FKSnap(string)

I’ve tried using print functions and “{}”.format(rigID) and am running out of ideas. The end result is always me simply passing the entire command as a string rather than having it executed.

It’s reading it in as a string. If I copy/paste the output from the info window after actually clicking the IK2FK snap from the n-panel, it would successfully pass like this.

How can I pass this argument and execute it? Thank you!

Issue solved, it was me being a python dumdum rather than something specific to blender. Needed to add a 2nd backslash escape to every existing backslash to match the preexisting code.

import bpy

eval(‘bpy.ops.pose.rigify_limb_ik2fk_’ + rigID + ‘(prop_bone=“upper_arm_parent.R”, fk_bones="[\“upper_arm_fk.R\”, \“forearm_fk.R\”, \“hand_fk.R\”]", ik_bones="[\“upper_arm_ik.R\”, \“MCH-forearm_ik.R\”, \“MCH-upper_arm_ik_target.R\”]", ctrl_bones="[\“upper_arm_ik.R\”, \“hand_ik.R\”, \“upper_arm_ik_target.R\”]", extra_ctrls="[]")’)