Trouble with Blender

Hey there,
I used to have an IBM laptop which ran Blender 2.6 perfectly fine. I have recently bought a new one with an nVIDIA 8800gts card that had its drivers updated when i bought it. When I ran 2.7, it was slow and unresponsive at times. I would click the mouse and drag, but no selection box came up. This doesn’t happen all the time though, it’s like a 50/50 chance. Also, when I hit ‘B’ again, the select circle/cursor remains wherever i move it (so if you moved it across the screen, you could essential make a line with it like in MS Paint). I reverted back to 2.45 and 2.46 but they did the same thing. Could someone help me out? this is becoming very frustrating :spin:, thanks.

Also, i have a cpu monitor on my desktop, and whenever i minimize Blender, i can see that the usage spikes whenever i use it. I have a 1.86ghz processor or something, but that should work fine right?
–Fifth–

0.0 Where did you get Blender 2.7?? I don’t think that’s even supported yet! lol

Also, if you’re running Vista, someone mentioned a problem like this and the recommendation was to turn off the Aero interface. You could try that and see if it works.

yea, i meant 2.47 >_<

anyway, thanks for that. It works now. I just switched the theme to classic. You would think that a computer with 4GB of ram should be able to handle it. Whatever, thanks for the advice =]

Hah, you would think so, wouldn’t you? But no, Microsoft fallaciously concludes to dispense with common sense and make Vista require double the stated amount of Ram. XD