trueSpace3 for free!

3D World magazine Cover CD.

It’s good.

Yep, got it a week or so ago. I’ve enjoyed playing with it.

no, it’s not good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

is it any better then blender?

I had ts2…

well, some people do nice things with the latest releases and it’s got a fine hybrid scanline/raytracing renderer and a radiosity solver since v4.
But i never got used to it’s interface. It eats up a lot of computing power (at least on my old 300mhz) just to load some floating 3D toolbar… eye-candy for sure, but not really responsive nor efficient.
I have to say it: blender’s interface is better.
However, the latest releases of TS (V5 I think) have power technology nuilt-in such as collision and so… but, there’s this damn interface!

Dani

TS3 has collision detection, dynamics, bones, gravity, wind, weight, torque, blah, blah, blah. And some damn nice bumpmapping.

But wouldn’t it be nice if it had and interface like Wings, or Blender.

D’oh no 3d world mag here in germany. :-? Could this be downloaded somewhere? (TS3, not the mag).

Just a trial version.

But it’ll be on the Cover CD of the next issue of Computer Arts magazine,
if you can get that in Germany.

I heard somewhere that the TrueSpace developers at some point had major parts of TrueSpace implimented in Visual Basic (not a good langaueg choice for high-performance apps). Ever since then, I haven’t really trusted the TS developers…

(I suppose the intelligent thing to do would be to verify whether or not that rumor is true… so take it with a grain of salt, because I’ve been too lazy for the past several years to bother verifying rumors about a porgram I don’t use anyway)