Trying Cycles and its power. Render.

Hi guys.

Here’s some test/remake I’ve done with an old scene and set it up for the new Cycles render. About 1000 passes, bounces 10 max and “indirect lighting”. Time of 40 min with GPU enabled. Waiting reply :smiley: :rolleyes:

All is welcome

Cycles really does handle these types of trippy neon scenes quite well, looks quite neat.

This is also a type of scene that doesn’t need a lot of bounces, the black material that makes up the frame of the objects is so dark that the light rays would have almost no power left after a few bounces.

Good grief! That looks really great! How’d you get all the fireflies out? I really don’t see any at all. Good work.
I’ve been messing with Cycles some, but I’m still on the fence about it. Well, maybe for certain types of shots. Like this one.
I think it’s a great idea. I would be really happy if Blender 3.0 had a Cycles monitor. It seems very helpful for texture placement and lightsetting and that sort of thing. My F-12 is threatening to run off to Jamaica lately…

What ? I think you’re saying DOF. It was on 0.01.
And yes ! it’s a little bit darker, that happens when the backgound is completly black.