Trying to use the Netrender addon...

I’ve started testing the netrendering tool. It’s looking awesome, but I’m having trouble getting it working.

I’ve gotten the master and slaves running and added a job. Everything checks out in the HTML render monitor, but I can’t actually start the job. It just sits in queued state and won’t start.

It’s possible I’m not approaching this the way the software intends. What I want to do is send a job to the farm, and the farm will render the job list independantly of what I’m doing in blender. I want to send a job and move on to the next scene while the farm renders. According to the docs, it seems I have to load my scene and start rendering it in the GUI while the farm assists? That’s nice, but it basically locks me out of doing anything else during a render. And what if I have 10 jobs? Do I have to launch 10 instances of blender, load each scene and start a render for each job? I’m confused what the workflow is supposed to be.

Hopefully, I’m just missing the “unpause” button in the job list somewhere. :slight_smile:

Thanks Theeth, for working on tool like this! It’s desperately needed and looks very promising!

I’m also having problems with netrender. I can get all the clients set up, see the master, but when I submit a job as a client I get the following:

Info: Master server found
200 OK
200 OK
200 OK
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/shawn/blender-2.62-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.62/scripts/addons/netrender/operators.py”, line 85, in invoke
return self.execute(context)
File “/home/shawn/blender-2.62-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.62/scripts/addons/netrender/operators.py”, line 77, in execute
scene.network_render.job_id = client.sendJob(conn, scene, True)
File “/home/shawn/blender-2.62-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.62/scripts/addons/netrender/client.py”, line 118, in sendJob
return sendJobBlender(conn, scene, anim, can_save)
File “/home/shawn/blender-2.62-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.62/scripts/addons/netrender/client.py”, line 337, in sendJobBlender
response = conn.getresponse()
File “/home/shawn/blender-2.62-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.62/python/lib/python3.2/http/client.py”, line 1046, in getresponse
response.begin()
File “/home/shawn/blender-2.62-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.62/python/lib/python3.2/http/client.py”, line 346, in begin
version, status, reason = self._read_status()
File “/home/shawn/blender-2.62-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.62/python/lib/python3.2/http/client.py”, line 308, in _read_status
line = str(self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1), “iso-8859-1”)
File “/home/shawn/blender-2.62-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.62/python/lib/python3.2/socket.py”, line 276, in readinto
return self._sock.recv_into(b)
socket.timeout: timed out

*** Did I miss something in the setup/config? Thanks.

S~

You probably already figured this out, but just in case… When I got the “location:<unknown location>:-1” error it was because there was an unfinished/aborted master job in the temporary directory that needed to be deleted.