Turtle

Turtle traveler.

More work: https://www.instagram.com/miroslav.vesin/

106 Likes

Very interesting concept. Is this based on some folklore. Would love to know the story behind it.

Great work, mate.

Love the idea and the modeling of the turtle is great. I like it’s facial expression - which is not something I thought I would ever say about a turtle. :slight_smile:

Just Brilliant! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: Loved this one very much!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

So cool. Did you used texture painting for the first turtle model? I remember saw it rigged on CgTrader but it wasn’t textured, the color is looking great

I’d just like to see a wee bit more separation of this character from his background. For some reason, my eyes keep coming back to the area of his shell that’s closest to his lamp. Maybe just a hint of rim-light in that area.

Also, as I look very closely now at the light, I wonder about the “dots of light” that are right now visible, especially, on his elbow. They might be just the thing that you want here, but I do wonder about that tiny detail. Also, what about “a catch-light in his eye?”

These are tiny quibbles. This is a really nice character, model, and scene. :+1:

Fantastic! I love the texturing and the surrounding forest detail.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Great concept and execution! The detailed nature surroundings also go a long way to selling it!

Congratulations with being in the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2021’!

Of course, I also featured you on BlenderNation :slight_smile:

It reminds me of the character from Kungfu Panda, I like it alot.

that’s a fabulous character invention! You’ve even managed to make the character realistic yet have a facial expression, that’s not easy to do with a turtle.