I am quite interested in tutoring/mentoring/giving support or whatever you want to call it, both getting it and giving it. So I wanted to ask te community (that’s you) a few questions about it:
- How many people are doing this and how often?
- What is the average price (category)?
- Do you only do it locally or also online?
- How long do you on average spend on a project?
- What kind of tools do you use? (e.g. do you make video’s for your students or texts? do you refer to books or create your own powerpoint?)
Just for clarity: when I’m talking about tutoring/mentoring/giving support I mean education, not working on the actual project. Just getting the the client/student on the right track through some kind of personal contact.
I do understand this can be a sensitive subject. If you don’t want to make your actual price public or so, then don’t. It is just a question.
Thanks to anyone who wants to share his or her experience in this field.