Tutorial requests

cool! that what I look for. thank you very much… I think I understand it… you can made tutorial for it if you like to.

there 1 more things…can I make it distance limits? for every drop it only drag to limits per drop… is I say it clear? or just display distance between pick up to drop area. I am try create games abit like Advance Wars. but free roams with 3D. very basic! but useful for fun with mates… heh. pm me if you can do that…

by the way, thank!

Hey, Ubai. Okay, well first of all, an inventory, equip and use system is very complicated. There are many examples on the forums (in the Game Engine Resources), and I am sure that you can learn from them. The main chunk of it is done with python. You could use logic bricks, but it would not be smooth, and you may have some issues. When I get around to it, I will try and set up an example tutorial.

Also, a change hair, face, details, skin color, customizing a character. I will try and explain some things. First, with a hair as example, if you are changing from a messy style to a pony tail, have two different hair meshes, then swap one out for another when an arrow is clicked, say. However, if the hair is separate, this can create animation problems. There is a possibility it could be done with shape keys I think. That way you need but one base mesh. One thing though, textures would get messed up. I suppose you could use Python that when the shape key ‘ponytail’ is set, then change to texture ‘ponytail’ if this is possible>>? I do not personally know the limits of Python in blender. Also, skin color can be done with color animations set in the ipo curve editor. You could also bake separate textures, and use Python. Here is an example, done with entirely logic bricks. When I get around to a tutorial, I will make one of this :smiley:
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8qJ75_jj78](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8qJ75_jj78\)

News all: My microphone isn’t recording properly, I am going to buy a new one, just hold your horses. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can use Python to change texture via the bge.texture / VideoTexture modules, but the texture has to be external (can’t be packed).

I’m sorry, I did not mean to ask for anything complicated! :slight_smile: As for changing hair styles and stuff, I thought it might be just a matter of having a bone that was used as a kind of “hook” for the different hair models, since I think that is how different weapons get attached to the model’s hands in some of the examples I have looked at (I think). Once that is done though, I do not know how you would make the changes “stick” throughout the game.

Thanks again!

Thanks Joeman! I didn’t know that :stuck_out_tongue:

And Ubai, yes, well basically for a simple game, as long as the hair isn’t animated, you can do a simple parenting. Just swap different hair models out, it should work.

HEY, didn’t get a new microphone yet, but did a tutorial without it. It is hard modeling a staircase, texturing including spec, normal, AO, and color maps. I am uploading to YouTube now, they are big files. Just wait a few hours and all four parts should be up! Thanks, Micah

Part 1 Up!!

Part 2 up!!

Note! There are 6 parts now! Part 3 up!!!

Part 4 up!!

Part 5 up!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZzQ7XYk84

Part 6 up!!

Thanks guys!

Hi Linkxgl,

Thanks for ur reference, it enlighten me so much. :yes:

But i got some problem here. When I apply such code for my own project, why the object won’t follow the mouse cursor if i move it fast. But when i check back to your .blend file, it works excellent. :eek:

Please advice.