Tutorial: Texture Painting

I see just one drawback for terrain, for huge terrains with good detail you’ll need textures of huge sizes. Just goes to show you’ll need like a massive texture space to paint texture blends over an area of a few square miles while making sure it looks high enough resolution for walking over it.

The plasma is cool though.

Oh… COOL!

What theme do you have in blender? I likey =]

Only problem is the fact that in my game tortuga island I’d need a texture of about 9000x9000. Theres no way in blender. Any solutions?

I made it :smiley:

@killer
Im not sure because ive never used bge, i only use the modeling features, but if bge supports shaders you could make a nice multi-texture terrain shader.

only if u have a glsl card =[

You could use modeling to just barely overlay a sand texture over a grass texture for example. The issue would be polycount, but you can keep it low and only have it line the edges of where the texture will go.

I’d rather just use 10 different grass textures.

Hi everybody, I am a school student and I would like make an acrylic paint. Can I use artist’s acrylic paint to do nail art? Would anyone know if you can use acrylic paints for your nail art? There is a no of nail art products but I was wondering if the acrylic paints are safe to be used on your nails. I extremely need your suggestions and tips. Please help me. Thank you very much in advance.

spammer >:|

thank you very very very much for showing me and have been try to splat the texture for so long and now you’ve shown me thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx

Thakns, that’s a great tutorial!
I have a question. If our texture is tiled many times on the mesh and we want to paint with the other texture only in one exact place, how can we do this?

Attachments

Hmm…theres only one problem with this… you can’t tile your texture if you wanted the dirt to be smaller you cant scale the unwrapped faces in the UV/image editor because then the painting will go all wrong.

Great tutorial, but the black background has no opacity, even if i set alpha to 0 when creating the image

How do u make the plane transparent without affecting the image on it. For rendering or game engine.

That’s what I’d like to know as well. None of the alpha-blending options under “Texture Face” seems to work at all. Blender just doesn’t seem to get any alpha at all. If I use the maps’ alpha-slider the whole texture becomes transparent. Would you mind enlightening us? :wink:

Great tutorial, great theme too :slight_smile:

Hi there people

I need some help as I am new to Blender. I work as a 3D imager for a company that does life size dinosaurs & other animals for museums. We sculpt the models and then Mill it in sections on a milling machine, assemble it and so forth.

Now until recently we had to sculpt every single scale on a dinosaur by hand, to compensate for the milling machine chamfer. but we are using Software now for the sculpting, saves a lot of time of course, but we need help and tutoring on one aspect of this process, hopefully Blender can do it!

Let me explain: We decided on a simple geometry like hexagons for the skin, (See pic1 attached) .My big concern is will BLENDER be able to create a texture of these simple polygons?

in a nustshell: we basically need to wrap simple geometries (the hexagons-pic1) over complex forms of the model (see pic 2)

*first picture attached is a screenshot of the simple hexagon geometry (original is a vector)
*second is a screenshot of our dinosaur

Hope you can help and direct me to a step by step tutorial…

thanks so much guys
jack

Attachments