Tuulikk's mostly sculpting sketchbook

Thank you. I don’t know if I agree about the reference part, except for that some of them could be better and I need more. Masculine shoulders and accented look is what I aim for with her. I want her to be a female Conan the Barbarian, or close to it. I think I will look for anatomical 3D models so I can really understand what I see. Don’t know what to say about proportions and details, hopefully I will learn.

I don’t think my ideas are that big, but they cover a bit of ground. Right now I would be happy if I could paint and pose the models I make, animations are not that important (yet). When it comes to hair, I can sculpt that to start with. Simulations can wait. Maybe I can do a mix of DynRemesh and Decimate to simplify my sculpts enough to finish what I want to do.

You have given me a bit to think about. I will sleep on it. I appreciate the critique, it helps.

1 Like

Except for small fixes and maybe a real paint job, this sculpt is finished. I started with the Bspheres add-on, then remeshed it into one shape. Then sculpting and a bit more remeshing.

I did rig it, but automatic weights deformed the hand to much and I could not fix it with weight paint or moving around the bones. Now it has way more faces, so I would probably have to make it more simple if I wanted to try again.

Then skip the boring part. Download a free object from the internet and re-paint it. sketchfab.com models-resource.com

Well, I thought I would do that with my own work, but maybe it would be better learn to do it with models more prepared for that kind of thing. Some of the problems in these areas are probably thanks to my models and not with me trying to pose my work. Also, looking at painted and rigged models would probably also be good. Thanks for expanding my world and for the link.

I don’t understand why I can not upload transparent PNG’s anymore, or rather keep them as that.

Good work Jimmy. For the rigging, you should check out https://www.youtube.com/c/Imphenzia he does some great videos on modelling and simple rigging. Very quick and to the point.

I thank you my friend. I watch some of his videos from time to time. He makes things look easy. I think the biggest problem with rigging so far with my hand sculpture has been that it’s not retoplogised. Some people could probably get it to work without doing it, but I don’t think I can.

I’m working on a Optimus Prime model. Now I’m mostly at a stage where I’m trying to fix details and add poseable joints.

More of Optimus Prime.

1 Like

Ah, I see. I’ve not had much luck with successful retopo. I’m sure someone on here must have some tips.

Back at sculpting. A bit away from it has sparked improvements somehow any maybe Blender has made it easier also. Realism and perfect anatomy is not my goal, but I try to push it until it looks like the style can really work. Going to make this into one or more characters with background settings.