Twilight of the Gods - Sci Fi Scene

Hello all, it’s been a while again since I last posted something…

Either way, after quite a lot of time of doing experiments with the new Blender features (without a good outcome, sadly) I decided to start a new, bigger project again and this is the outcome:

Twilight of the Gods

I have added quite a bit of information about the “history” of that picture over there, so if your interested in that, please read the description (and yes, I know that it is long ^^; ).
Modelling was of course done in Blender, and I also used the Internal render engine to make my renders. Postpro (there was quite a lot to do, merging all the different renders and adjusting colors, lighting and adding the BG) done in Photoshop.

Now I’d like to get some feedback, so please tell me what you think!
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Wow, I’m really impressed by all the details there are in your picture. That’s quite amazing.

I think you succed in doing something “hopeless”, really industrial and with no human references, i mean it’s square, huge, terrific, … totally human made. Out of proportions.
Seems to be the gate right to hell.

The only crit i have is that is it a little bit too square IMHO. And the two halo lines in blue are quite strange also but this is not really important.

Good job.

I’d swear it was done in lightwave if I saw it on cgtalk.

looks ‘professional’. the sky fits well imo.
sadly, due post-apocalyptic vibe I don’t think it would make a good background for NYE parties flyers :stuck_out_tongue:

ymmv

Great attention to details here. Well rendered and well composited too.

The scale feels perfect. Massive and yet not too overpowering all at the same time.

I tend to agree that it is a bit too square, but it tends to work well.

BgDM

Yes, it kinda does look like a mechanical portal to hell. Very proffesional!

nice. i’d like to see something that shows the scale though, maybe some tiny little people.

but damn! how’s you do that greebling? looks really proffesional.

Thanks a bunch for the positive feedback, I’m glad I could achieve the look and mood that I wanted to achieve.
And “professional” does sound very good :smiley:

Greebling is mostly only about patience and time that you use for it. A lot of duplication and modification so that the duplication isn’t that obvious…

2 thumbs up! Great work!!

Very nice detail and very “bookish”. I think that any sci-fi author would be delighted to have cover art that looked that well presented.

Chimp

Already saw it on Deviantart :smiley: i’m spectre313 there =p

oh mein gott!! that’s pretty powerful work there, Myke :o
I must admit, that I am astounded :o

of, could you provide a tabletop-size render of it, that would look great :slight_smile:

Seriously cool work! Great modeling and i love the whole atmosphere of the scene. Sweet :slight_smile:

Sorry for the probably stupid question but what exactly is a tabletop size?
The actual size of this picture is twice as big as the one I posted, but bigger resolutions than that are not possible due to the high amount of postpro =/

Sorry for the probably stupid question but what exactly is a tabletop size?
The actual size of this picture is twice as big as the one I posted, but bigger resolutions than that are not possible due to the high amount of postpro =/[/quote]

Ah, indeed… ofcourse I meant the 1024x768 and 1280x1024 size images. A background image for the desktop :slight_smile:
Oh, and the story behind the image is also great

Well, it is possible to do that as the actual size is 1236x2000 and so I could

1. Crop it
  2. Add a (big!) border

Both options don’t seem to be very nice but I’ll see if I can do something!