two blocks facing each other

How do you choose the four vertices on each blockfacing one another and then merge the two blocks. This can be seen on page 53 of Allan Brito’s Architectural book. How do you learn these things when the documentation seems void of explaining how to choose vertices on two objects? Maybe I’m missing something in the documentation! Things just don’t seem to be straightforward. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong or maybe recommend a book that better explains modeling in Blender. Thanks,Brent Kjernisted

I think we already determined that you can only work on one selected object at a time.

So…

• Join said objects
  • Enter edit mode
  • Do the vertex/face/bridging or whatever you want to do

Also there are support sub-forums helpfully labeled with the kind of support you can expect to receive in them that are a lot more appropriate for questions like this than ‘News & Discussion’.

Sago stated in another thread that you can’t work on the mesh of two objects at the same time but this is not the case in Allan Brito’s book. One vertice on both blocks is chosen, merge is activated and the two corners connect. What option in vertices do you choose to highlight vertices? Thanks!

Sorry I’ll move to another part of the forum. I just happened to be writing this last thread while yours was being written.

this is definitely two cubes/blocks(meshes) both lying in one object(container).