Two problems with my account

(IamInnocent) #1

The first one is that I am not able to make any change to my profile anymore, although I am sure of having the right data, password and all.

Secondly, there doesn’t seem to be any way I can use to get a reply notification.

Quite honestly, since my account was deactivated it’s a mess. I wouldn’t mind if you erased all datum regarding me if it is what it takes to straighten things. I might get a kick at being a newbie again : like a virgin, la-la la-la la la-la

(theeth) #2

For the profile editing, does this link work? http://www.elysiun.com/forum/profile.php?mode=editprofile

for the reply notification, you can change that in your profile, OR by checking the “Notify me when a reply is posted” box when posting.

Martin

(IamInnocent) #3

Ouaip ! Did you do anything ? I tried through this link here and also through the link on the home page (the way it wasn’t working till now). That last time I changed my sig, so it should be apparent in this reply if it worked.

for the reply notification, you can change that in your profile, OR by checking the “Notify me when a reply is posted” box when posting.
Martin

I tried both methods many times. We’ll see.

Thanks one more time Martin.

(IamInnocent) #4

OK at least I pinpointed the trouble.

I have to change the email address on my profile. The aka ‘[email protected]’ isn’t accepted by Videotron anymore for some reason. Only, when I try to change it to ‘[email protected]’ in my profile, the change is not possible and I’m returned with the profile page reset at ‘[email protected]’.

That would explain the fact that I don’t receive any notification also.

Now, as to why ‘[email protected]’ is not agreeing with the boards here, I think that it may have to do with the fact that I changed nicknames from ‘jeaninmontreal’ to ‘IamInnocent’ on a demand from Timothy who wanted to operate some changes. ‘jeaninmontreal’ was one letter too long to accomodate him. But ‘[email protected]’ seems to have remained associated to ‘jeaninmontreal’ somehow, maybe because the changes weren’t completed, I don’t know.

So either someone find a way to free ‘[email protected]’ or we erase my account and that of ‘jeaninmontreal’ and I re-register.

I don’t know or can guess any further.

Ciao

Jean

(IamInnocent) #5

Enfin,

tout est corrigé : j’ai obtenu un nouvel alias d’email et j’ai refait la routine de login.

Tiens, c’est en français… curieux.

Bye.

Jean