Two quickies about GE

(Juggler) #1

Well i have two short questions:

1. Does BGE have anti-aliasing or will it ever have. I think this would be a major improvement.

2. Does BGE have any, hmm, post-pro effects. Like Motion Blur (Just saw a thread about it) or Bloom and so on. Because i think you could like have a logic brick for effects like that.

0 Likes

(Lojimek) #2

For Ant-Aliasing, no. But it may show up if somebody puts lots of work into some Python. Motion-Blur is niether supported in the BGE.

0 Likes

(Juggler) #3

check out one of the thread here and you’ll see it is man.

0 Likes

(migero) #4

well its not a real post-pro motion blur it just copies objects and mix them

0 Likes

(PlantPerson) #5

If your video card supports anti-aliasing you can probably find an option to turn on antialiasing for all 3D/OpenGL type things. I’ve done this with my nVidia 7600, it works nicely.

0 Likes

(Octopus4) #6

If your video card supports anti-aliasing you can probably find an option to turn on antialiasing for all 3D/OpenGL type things. I’ve done this with my nVidia 7600, it works nicely.

PP thanks , but would you explain , can this be turned on with blender , how , my video card suppports it Geforce XFX 7100 GS …

0 Likes

(zaghaghi) #7

motion blur is now supported but in current daily source code, not in 2.45, i’m working on another 2d fiters now.

0 Likes

(Juggler) #8

PlantPerson, can you be a little more specific about where, i have an nVidia card as well and i would like to try it out.

Zaghaghi, really cool!! Wootzorz to you then for working on this, i think it is something that BGE really lacks of. Exactly what more effects/filters are you considering using?

0 Likes

(zaghaghi) #9

currently i’m working on this filters:
Blur,
Sharpen,
Dilation,
Erosion,
Laplacian,
Sobel,
Prewitt,
GrayScale,
Sepia,
Invert,
Bloom

yesterday all actuators completed, and today i’m working on it opengl codes, may be availabel in next week

0 Likes

(Juggler) #10

That’s just plain awesome!!!

0 Likes

(Octopus4) #11

wow zaghaghi , it is one of my dreams to have those filters , specially blur , …

0 Likes

(ititrx) #12

Juggler: your video card came with software… that software has the options for you to change. On my graphics card on windows, I find it located in:

Display Properties: Settings: Advanced: and then there is a tab to modify the properties of the card there… and a bunch of other things.

Hope that helps…

0 Likes