Two works, one 3D the other 2D.......

(Riskbreaker) #1

[Hey fellas, theres something screwed with my site’s ftp so i sorta had to rely on msn-community-image-upload-whatever-you-call-it. I dont know if this will work…] -post before edited.

OK, i got my ftp working. Direct linked…

This 2D took me a while…it actually was just sitting on my HD till i finished it off later.
http://users.tpg.com.au/tetsuo/oldschool2.jpg

This 3d one took me…oh about an hour and 45 mins.
Familiar?
http://users.tpg.com.au/tetsuo/blendark.jpg

(PILER) #2

its not working =[

(BgDM) #3

Well they worked for me OK.

Your drawing is great. I need to start doing that stuff again. Haven’t done any 2D work for a long time.

I love the second image. Great lighting and atmosphere. I love your take on Blendo as well, (at leats I think it is your take on him). Looks really pissed off and ready to take on the world. Great mood.

BgDM

(snailrose) #4

Hey they are cool 8)
The only thing i would sugest, on the 2d one the face looks a little out of porprtion other than that make a senery for it :smiley:
The 3d one is really good, i like it

Chuck

(IMProvisar) #5

I think you have to have an MSN account to see it… no thanks :frowning:

Imp

(Ecks) #6

or hotmail account! :wink:

btw, nice pic! I really like your style!

(beatabix) #7

sort out the arms on the 3D, they look like a string of sausages right now.

try and model better musculature, look at some anatomy books or something. then the arm will deform better around the elbow, and the forms will flow better from shoulder to elbow. i’ll try an post a sketch showing how the lines should flow and interlink, if i can get my webspace working.

BEAT

(bg3D) #8

I like the anime style (I just watched Akira) :wink: 8)

(Riskbreaker) #9

Thanx for the c&c guys. :slight_smile:

I love your take on Blendo as well, (at leats I think it is your take on him)

At first, I was going for a “Evil Majin Buu (the skinny one)” look…but then it turned out to look like a cross between Blendo and Majin Buu.

The only thing i would sugest, on the 2d one the face looks a little out of porprtion

Um…well the thing with this is, it was hand drawn and then scanned (I tweaked the contrast to get sharper line art). I was actually gonna write a tutorial on this (the process of lineart to coloured 2d CG), but then i saw how many tutes there are on this subject so i put that idea aside. I might do a tute on it later on though…

sort out the arms on the 3D, they look like a string of sausages right now.

try and model better musculature, look at some anatomy books or something. then the arm will deform better around the elbow, and the forms will flow better from shoulder to elbow. i’ll try an post a sketch showing how the lines should flow and interlink, if i can get my webspace working.

BEAT

I know. BLENdARK (3d guy) was just a quickie I had to do or else I cant sleep. I’ll fix him up later thoug, but for I’d consider him finished. I got anatomy pics on my harddrive. I havent studied them thoroughly though, but i’m getting there in 2d. 3D is another story. If you can help me out here that’ll be great :slight_smile:

I like the anime style (I just watched Akira)

Hell yeah, Akira is awesome.
I think you’ll love this too:Ready?

(beatabix) #10

i love the scene that just has them shouting “kaneda!” “tetsuo!” for about ten minutes. classic!

looking at it again, i’d say there are three main problems:

the bulge of the tricep (too big for that relaxed position)
the flow of the transition from deltoid to upper arm (need ar loop that comes from the chest, along the armpit, around the delt, and down the wing to the spine)
the skinning at the elbow. put the joint in the IK closer to the back of the elbow to avoid the smoothed over look that you have at the moment. make it more like your own arm.

arrivaderci!

BEAT

(Friday13) #11

I like the 3D blenderish i-will-be-free thingy image :smiley:

(Not to say that the 2D image is bad, it’s actually good)